cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 38

Re: BT Fibre 2 Uploadspeed?

Thank you for clarifying that, I was extremely concerned when they said it's only possible to get 8-9mbps Upload with the BT Fibre 2 package whilst getting 17-19mbps right now with sky.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 38

Thanks, Tomorrow should i give BT another call and ask them if the service will be FTTC? Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 38

It will be, no need to call them.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 38

Not really much point, the product wouldn’t be called Fibre 2 if it were not ‘fibre’, so it’s VDSL/FTTC , what estimate download were you given ?, that will ‘prove’ FTTC if it’s in excess of what ADSL can provide which rarely exceeds 17Mb ( theoretical max 24Mb )

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 38

@Okaydan  Do you mean Upload speed or do you mean Download speed?

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 38

I'm mostly talking about my upload being estimated at 8-9mbps in the email i received, I said to the person helping me make the order that i'm currently getting 50mbps download and 18mbps upload with Sky. One of the salesmen tried to tell me that my address is currently 43-48mbs max speed with a guarantee of 39mbps download. While i'm getting 49mbps guarantee from sky.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 38

Any figures you are given are estimates, you won't know the actual speed until it is connected.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 38

@licquorice   

Xq63JZg

When explained that i'm currently getting faster than this from sky(especially the upload & minimum guarantee) he said that fibre 1 was the best choice as i couldn't get the speeds to my address? But i told him i'm getting faster speeds than 43-48mbps currently and decided to opt for the BT Fibre 2 package instead. Surely i can get faster than the speeds they quoted?

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 38

As I just said, it is an estimate, not a cast in stone absolute figure.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 38

That's what i thought also, Just looking to gain some knowledge from people who actually have had this before / know what they're talking about. I appreciate everyone for the help :D!

0 Ratings