cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 24

Re: BT Fibre 500 to 900 Upgrade - No change to upload speed

Go to solution

If you are on FTTP the "upgrade" should have been instant. Fibre either works or it doesn't. All that would have been necessary was for the cap that was on your 500 package to be raised to the 900 package cap.

You should call the FTTP Team 0800 587 4787 and report your problem to them.

Message 12 of 24

Go to solution

@gg30340 I have called the FTTP Team and they have booked an engineer to come and check the line

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 24

Go to solution

Thanks for the update @SmOkeH .

I'd be interested to hear the outcome of the visit so please keep us posted.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 24

Go to solution

Thanks everyone for your help.

Openreach engineer tested the lines this morning and found no issues. Called somebody in Openreach technical team who found some incorrect settings that had not been changed in the upgrade.

Now getting the speeds I would expect to see in both SH2 and my own router.

SmOkeH_0-1644313514564.png

@DavidM 

Message 15 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @SmOkeH,

Thank you for posting back to update the thread.

I'm happy the engineer was able to increase the speeds.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 24

Go to solution

Good news! It was odd that the 3rd party router was having the same issue. 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 24

Go to solution

@stevebrass wrote:

Good news! It was odd that the 3rd party router was having the same issue. 

Why would it be odd if it was a problem with his package and not the router settings?

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 24

Go to solution

It looked odd to me because others have had capped upload speeds on their SH but good performance on their own router (due to the SH needing a parameter change). 

Since in this case the 3rd party router was not achieving decent upload , it didn’t fit the missing parameter change scenario. 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 24

Go to solution

It was nothing to do with a "parameter" change on the Smarthub. It will have been that the software cap on his package had not been correctly changed. This is done at a network level not in the hub.

If it were hub related how would swapping out hubs etc just work and not have to wait for the "parameters" to be changed any time a package is "upgraded" or "downgraded" or why is it an instant change as soon as the package goes live.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 24

Go to solution

Hi yes I’m having the exact same issue. Previously on the 500 with perfect 500/73, upgraded to 900/110, download is hitting above 900 but the upload seems stuck on 50-72mbps from the old package. Any ideas how to solve this as I called BT and they said 50-72 is fine. 
I on,y upgraded to 900 for the upload speed more than anything. Anyone can shed some light on how to resolve would be much appreciated. My router has been on for 6 days straight now and no change I upload speed.

SH2 router has the latest firmware updated and nothing out of the ordinary that I can see, I read on some other post router may need new parameters to uncap the upload speed is this correct? If so how do you get the parameters sent to my router?

Kind Regards S

0 Ratings