cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danio1972
Aspiring Contributor
Message 241 of 1,267

Re: BT Fibre 900 Upgrade / Smart Hub 2 upload throttling

Since the weekend I now have 900/50.  Case Management and BT 2nd and 3rd line support are working on it.

In actual fact I am downloading at 970, it's just the upload thats stuck and they can't see why.  So far they have torn down the vlan between me and the head-end, refactored the IP4/IP6 addressing, applied configuration changes to the head-end.  Checked the line capacity; the circuit I am on is only 7% used.

The hunt for the 'tap' which will open my upload back to 115 is ongoing

jchasty
Contributor
Message 242 of 1,267

@vram81 - Doh - thanks!

0 Ratings
bp1000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 243 of 1,267

Just about to re-join BT on their Fibre 900 package. 

The upload issue being discussed, is this for people upgrading or all customers (new) like myself? 

Can the HH deal with F-900 or would I be better off buying another router to achieve max speed? 

Just so you know, we have 3 hardwired business grade wifi AP's configured with correct 5Ghz band separation, so we have a good shot at getting 250-550Mbps via Wifi per box.

I don't need the HH for wifi, just basic routing, DHCP etc. Only concern is I like to use google DNS; from what I recall you can't configure this, but hardly a justification for spending nearly 200 quid on a 3rd party router, unless there is another justification? 

0 Ratings
Lemmiwinkles
Aspiring Contributor
Message 244 of 1,267

My 900 upgrade went live yesterday and while I'm getting the excellent gigabit speeds promised (via ethernet), it looks like I'm stuck on my 30Mb upload from before like many of you. Anyone having any luck on rectifying this?

0 Ratings
jchasty
Contributor
Message 245 of 1,267

Mine was fixed following the SH2 upgrade to v17. What download speeds are you getting and what speed testing tools / sites are you using?
0 Ratings
Lemmiwinkles
Aspiring Contributor
Message 246 of 1,267

I believe I already have the v17 update. 

I'm using Fast.com

Just tried PPPOE direct into the ONT and receiving the full  1.0Gb download and 115Mb upload, so it's 100% a SH2 issue.

I've tried factory resetting the SH2, power cycling both the SH2 and the ONT etc with no luck. Back to 1.0Gb download and 30Mb when I plug the ethernet into the SH2

0 Ratings
AandB
Contributor
Message 247 of 1,267

The issue you are experiencing is a known issue as explained earlier in this thread and needs a parameter change in the Hub, not a full firmware update. This will be initiated by BT with no rebooting of the SH2. You need to try the fibre help desk first and if no joy there ask one of the moderators to arrange the fix for you. Hope that helps.

0 Ratings
OneManTagTeam
Contributor
Message 248 of 1,267

Can I get a mod to change the parameters of my hub? I’m getting the full upload but only 450-500 down

0 Ratings
vram81
Contributor
Message 249 of 1,267

How are you testing the download speed? On a wired connection and using a gigabit capable speed test? 

0 Ratings
OneManTagTeam
Contributor
Message 250 of 1,267

2019 Mac Book pro via CAT 6 Ethernet and tried ookla & fast.com. Getting the same results with wireless too. It’s like I’ve been put on the 500 profile instead of the 900 profile maybe?

0 Ratings