cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Forthay
Expert
Message 291 of 1,489

Re: BT Fibre 900 Upgrade / Smart HubWa 2 upload throttling

Should the tests be run against the same speed tester server or just the default the speedtester suggests?

I can get wildly varying results i.e. the fast.com (US server) typically shows better results than fast.com (UK server) for me.

0 Ratings
Lemmiwinkles
Aspiring Contributor
Message 292 of 1,489

Just an update;

I now have the full 120Mb upload but the only fix is contacting BT. They’re aware of the issue and I was advised it was being passed to an internal team. Took a few days, but the said it would be fixed by Monday and I’m not getting the full 1Gb down and 120Mb up.

Their customer support is absolutely excellent too. 

0 Ratings
duffman-
Beginner
Message 293 of 1,489

@Forthay I actually dont have an option to choose a server on fast.com, it just seems to select the closest.

Either way, I think whatever the best speed test service you can find that gives you the most accurate results and can handle up to gigabit speeds

0 Ratings
Forthay
Expert
Message 294 of 1,489

Sounds good @duffman-  I'll run the tests once there's no one using the broadband in the house and post the results.

The fast.com server selection is actually language selection in the top right hand corner (my bad) but for me it changes the servers i.e. If I select English (UK) it uses Glasgow, GB | London, GB. If I select another language including English (US) the server is listed as Open Connect, Netflix. I'll leave it as English (UK) when running the tests.

As an aside my fault was closed today as fixed but there hasn't been any change I can tell.

FTTP team didn't know why either and were going to have case management call me back tomorrow.

0 Ratings
duffman-
Beginner
Message 295 of 1,489

Great, I need to re-run the tests myself and document the speeds I got also.

Just been on to the FTTP team again, after last night i restarted the ONT and SH2, leaving them powered off for 5 mins, no difference in speed afterwards.

The team seem to focus in on the fact I have a switch (dumb switch) plugged into the hub, so want me to test with no other devices connected to the hub. I can't see how a dumb switch can be causing this problem, especially given the numerous other complaints on here with the same issue and given the speed is still slow when connected directly to the ONT.

0 Ratings
Void
Beginner
Message 296 of 1,489

What 3rd party routers are you folk using? Contemplating switching away from SH2.

0 Ratings
busterboy1
Expert
Message 297 of 1,489

@Void   ....Brand new ready and waiting.👍

761123D3-D5A8-48EB-A7A2-61E70F306C3A.jpeg

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Void
Beginner
Message 298 of 1,489

Surely there is other routers out there capable of 802.11ax band without the hefty pricetag lol.
0 Ratings
busterboy1
Expert
Message 299 of 1,489

LOL you did ask what we were using.😅

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Void
Beginner
Message 300 of 1,489

True! Did apprecaite the response.

Whats the setup?

ONT box --> SH2 (Don't know if BT do modem mode similar to VM) --> Asus Router --> devices wireless ?

0 Ratings