cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bp1000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 421 of 1,263

Re: BT Fibre 900 Upgrade / Smart HubWa 2 upload throttling

Mine has been fine all a long apart from the first hour of install. I rebooted a few times and then did a manual disconnect and reconnect and it went up to 110Mbps. 

Point of this post is to say, from the beginning my firmware last updated on the sh2 said undefined 3x in a row. 

that has now changed and was updated today. Wonder if this was part of a firmware fix. 

version is: v0.15.00.06145-BT

0 Ratings
PC1977
Contributor
Message 422 of 1,263

Mine has been on that firmware since day one, it’s not the latest, the latest is v17

0 Ratings
bp1000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 423 of 1,263

Oh I see. Thanks for the info. 

I thought it may be related to the proactive response from BT these last few days. 

0 Ratings
PC1977
Contributor
Message 424 of 1,263

Don’t know how long it takes to get the latest firmware, I’ve been installed for a month
0 Ratings
wampots
Contributor
Message 425 of 1,263

Not sure that it is firmware related, i have used two different hubs as well as an Asus router and i get the same speed with all of them

0 Ratings
mem1991
Aspiring Member
Message 426 of 1,263

Hi all, 

Just recently switched from Sky to BT FTTP 900 package

i did previously have 300+/30 INF service from BT over two years ago so the switch over has been quick and seamless due to already having a functional ONT at the property,

In terms of the backup battery does anyone know the best way to replace these are they just standard NiMh Replaceable, where the ONT was powered off over a year the BBU has gone

However i am among the vast amount here that have the same issue i have been remotely connected early ( Thanks BT! 🙂 ) Stable DL of 930 Down on Ethernet however throttled to 30mb which was my old package, years ago not sure if this is related, tried a factory reset on the SH also powered down the ONT for 15mins however still throttles to 30mb U/L, 

my go live date was actually the 14th July only when i went down stairs i noticed the Hub turn blue tonight very early 😄  

Upon checking the settings page in SHM it states the following

BT Broadband /
BT Infinity /
BT Infinity 3 and 4 :

BT Infinity 3 and 4

however speed tests show stable download of 930 as stated but throttled U/L of 30 wont go above this,

Many Thanks

Mehmet

0 Ratings
Judge626
Contributor
Message 427 of 1,263

Ha ha, it's starting to feel like groundhog day. After the second factory reset thursday night that got me back to 50Mb out of 110Mb, this morning i'm back to this...

3265444977401513-8PjGk5xU

0 Ratings
nibbled
Aspiring Contributor
Message 428 of 1,263

Re: BT Fibre 900 Upgrade / Smart Hub 2 upload throttling

Bit of an update with my situation and the strange download speeds, I know this won't apply to everyone but worth a check.

Basically I've upgraded my main gaming PC and server with the same motherboard, the MSI 550 tomahawk, I've been setting up my gaming PC, installing all the updates and MSI motherboard drivers before upgrading to Fibre 900, my downloads have been ranging from 300-650/700max, never getting close to the full 900+

Today I've been setting up my server and thought I'd run a quick speed test through that machine and as if by magic it's hitting 920mb download, still only 50mb upload but that's a separate issue as we all know.

So I've compared the settings for both systems, both have 1gbps and 2.5gbps Realtek networks on the motherboard, but the one that has the more consistent top speed is the one where I haven't installed the latest LAN drivers from MSI, and so I uninstalled the MSI drivers from my main gaming PC, restarted the computer so Windows could assign the default drivers and have now run the speed test again and getting full speed on my gaming PC as well.

The only setting I manually changed on both computers is to assign full-duplex, everything else left as default.

Might be a handy option for those with rocky download speeds, all I need now is my SH2 to have the 50mb capped unlocked and fingers crossed that's me sorted

Judge626
Contributor
Message 429 of 1,263

@nibbled good post and thanks for taking time to explain for others. Kudoed.

The main issue on this mega-thread is a false cap of 50Mb/30Mb/10Mb on our uploads, we've generally all experienced the full 110Mb upload at the start with no issues and know we're all capable, the wholesale broadband checker for me says 220Mb max upload 🙂

I hope this can be sorted by the helpful mod team here, I fear that otherwise, BT themselves will double down and just say - 'well, speed guarantee is only 10Mb' suck it up. 😉

Not sure about anyone else, the attraction for me for the top tier package was the high uploads, doing 3 weekly cloud updates on my windows machines is a lot quicker on 110Mb than a paltry 10Mb. Had I know i'd have these issues, i'd most likely have stuck with the 150Mb down, 30Mb up.

I'm uploading tablet data right now to google drive before I get a new one later today, it's only 20GB'ish but it's taking forever at 10Mb upload 😞

0 Ratings
busterboy1
Expert
Message 430 of 1,263

@nibbled 

Good info mate, interesting to hear LAN drivers making a difference and you certainly have the hardware for the job.

Hard to think that any 1Gb network setup will not run this package.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings