cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neil8471
Contributor
Message 471 of 1,267

Re: Hi @nibbled, I'm really sorry you're still experiencing i...

Hi Paddy

No if you look back at my earlier posts I too had the upload problems But since sorted ita just everything else. That link doesn’t help me that much. Iphone 11’s are capable of very fast WI-FI speeds. Something is definitely a miss with this Fibre 900 service in my opinion.  Why does the app not show speed to the hub anymore?? I have been paying £54.99 per month for last 3 months for a less than average service, like I said not much different than the fibre 250. I have raised complaints but have never been offered any reduction in my bill nothing... you just get told you are getting the minimum guaranteed speeds and thats as far as they go. BUT the speed to the hub disappearing on the app for this 900 service is so wrong!!!! 

0 Ratings
bp1000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 472 of 1,267

Neil WiFi speed is very variable and susceptible to interference

I hardwired cat6 to 4 difference WiFi APs - all connected you the sh2 

My iPhone 11 speed tests are usually around 550Mbps. I’ve even seen an absolute perfect 630Mbps and achieve over 600Mbps fairly often. 

So that is your theoretical max. However. If you have other devices transmitting even small amounts of data, the AP/Router is going to slash your available bandwidth. 

In addition any neighbouring APs on a frequency within your 80mhz band is going to affect throughout. If you have competition and multiple WiFi transmissions your speeds are going to really suffer. Regardless of how close you are. 

What is your hardwired measured speed on Speedtest.net ? 

thejoker00
Aspiring Contributor
Message 473 of 1,267

Well, I've been using my broadband most of the day today and its been uninterrupted, but I have carried out several intermittent speed tests during the day and I can confirm I'm definitely being capped by something. Download is consistently 900 plus and upload never breaks 20. If I'm streaming or gaming download can fluctuate slightly which I'd expect but the non deviation in the upload speed makes me believe that my service is being restricted. Confuses me though as the first 6 days of my upgraded package I was getting 120 up wireless and 150 up wired. So why the sudden change of heart?? Can a mod have a look into this for me please? I did have a message from neilo earlier and provided my full details but didn't hear back unfortunately. Right now I may as well go back to the 300service I had as I was getting 30 plus up on that pack and save myself some money. 

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 474 of 1,267

Hi @thejoker00,

Thank you for posting. I've had a look at our queue and can see that we received your details yesterday. The Moderation team has been really busy over the last couple of days and it's taking us longer than expected. Please rest assured that we do have your details and we'll be in touch as soon as we can.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Silent700
Aspiring Contributor
Message 475 of 1,267

Hi@PaddyB 

In case this is of any assistance to anyone, the feedback from my last two conversations with the FTTP Faults team (the last on 15 July) about the upload issue documented on message 450 of this thread is that it sounds like a "shaper" or "shaping" issue.

My situation is as before, namely that I am only seeing the reduced upload speed with a Fast / Firefox combination,  both when cabled into the SH 2 and when wired directly into the ONT (and so bypassing the SH2).

I'm told that I'm now queued for this to be looked at and will than be called by the technical team.

0 Ratings
neil8471
Contributor
Message 476 of 1,267

Has anyone any idea when the my BT app will br upgraded and be able to show the speeds to the hub for the fibre 900? It really is very poor that its a premier service ( supposedly) and yet it can’t show this like the fibre 250 did? 

Sircoynie
Aspiring Expert
Message 477 of 1,267

I have been asking about this for months, it appears they are deliberately keeping the feature disabled as they know they would get a wealth of complaints regarding the stability of the connections they are currently offering on full900.

0 Ratings
loudgraham
Aspiring Expert
Message 478 of 1,267

@bp1000 

which AP's did u use? 

thanks for any reply

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Muj
Beginner
Message 479 of 1,267

Hi,

I finally moved into my new house last Monday and got the Fibre 900 package, first few days I got 120Mbs upload but for the last 4 days it's been stuck at 50 and won't go over it. My download speed has also seemed to have dropped from 900Mbs to 300Mbs somehow, I don't get how this thread has been going on for months and permanent fix hasn't been rolled out yet?

Can a mod please help me with my upload cap and also advise what to do in regards to the awful  download speed?

Thank you!!

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 480 of 1,267

Re: BT Fibre 900 Upgrade / Smart HubWa 2 upload throttling

Hi @seanasay,

I picked up your case today. Can you check again and let me know if you see any change at your side?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings