cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matekaneve
Aspiring Expert
Message 1161 of 1,296

Re: BT Fibre 900 Upgrade / Smart Hub 2 upload throttling

Keep the smarthub2 connected for a few days and it might sort itself out. It did in my case, after a day or  two I woke up in the morning for the 110Mbps upload speed. If it doesn't change in a few days come back here and one of the mods will be able to help.

Rossdh91
Beginner
Message 1162 of 1,296

Excellent, thank you very much!

0 Ratings
gosforth
Contributor
Message 1163 of 1,296

@Rossdh91 if that 50 Mbps upload speed not going away,  try to mention MODs here, and they will help (they was really fast at my situation) to brings it up to 110 as should be.

Even after they will organise help, it might still take some time to change to be executed, I was told up to 48h.

Perhaps, you mentioned WiFi. BT SH2 is in theory 802.11ac capable device and, at ideal world, you might get some decent speed, even on WiFi, but this will heavily dependant what's your actual situation is, in regards of another WiFi APs and many more factors.

Peak which I seen was 250-300 Mbps down on 5GHz, when at very congested and heavily interference area, most of the time, up to 200 Mbps down on BT SH2 wifi. Measured by only one active device at a time.

Above is result from aftermarket 3 band rounter (2.4 GHz + 2x 5 GHz) with speeds now in range 300-500 Mbps down on "A" band, and 500-650  Mbps down on "B" band (DFS here might prove as complication in certain areas, or, for example when Military exercises will be close around You (you wanna stay ideally on channel 100(106) whilst problem with DFS is bigger with channels above 112 and even You could see extended observation time and more troubles).

All will be dependant also, how many and which type of devices will be connected. More then 15 devices? I shall invest to second WiFi router with decent AC through trough speed capable and use it, either instead BT SH2 (you will lost any support from them in case of trouble - BT can't guarantee and diagnose any other then own supplied equipment), or behind (* might be little bit tricky and it's not completely trivial) it.

Deployment on less crowded channels, and divine your devices onto bands (2.4+5 GHz or 2.4+5+5 Ghz respectively) might brings you higher speeds where You need it. Bu this will be individual situation.

Anyway, concurrent use of, let's say 10 devices, heavily engage with internet at same moment, will slow down any line, even Full Fibre 900 🙂

0 Ratings
Exoterror
Beginner
Message 1164 of 1,296

Hello, could I also get some assistance with this particular issue please? I know my download speed is currently being limited by my Wifi usage but my upload speeds appear to be capped at 50 Mbps. 

Exoterror_0-1620825087843.png

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 1165 of 1,296

Hi @Exoterror  welcome to the forum and sorry your upload speed is capped at 50Mb. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to get in contact the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Andysedg58
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1166 of 1,296

I have just upgraded to the Fibre 900 service & not getting the speeds expected - I have the smart hub 2 & one additional mesh disc. I mainly use on Wi-fi & a couple of plug extenders. My Wi-fi download speeds are max around 400mb when next to the router & 180mb in the next room. On plug extenders capped at around 100mb.  I am wondering whether to move down Fibre 300 or upgrade to a 3rd party router with Wi-fi 6 to improve speeds. Uploads never get up above 50mb - is this something the mods can help with? Any recommendations for 3rd party routers with mesh.A0775698-3DF6-4DD6-9472-B4811F7EA90A.jpeg

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 1167 of 1,296

Hi @Andysedg58  welcome to the forum and sorry your upload speed is capped. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch the Mod team and we'll be happy to get this fixed for you.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Andysedg58
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1168 of 1,296

Thanks John - sent email to you. Can anyone advise on a router to get best speeds over Wi-fi. 

0 Ratings
busterboy1
Expert
Message 1169 of 1,296

@Andysedg58 

I have used this Asus router since I got my 900 / 110 package last year and it never misses a beat.

WiFi-6 is incredible and reaches every corner of my house.

Expensive but well worth the money when you want the best from your package. 🙂

This is my Asus router in conjunction with my iPhone 11 Pro Max. 

ASUS RT-AX88U.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Andysedg58
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1170 of 1,296

Upload speeds now 110mb - thank you. Download Wi-fi speeds still much lower than expected at between 150mb & 300 mb with no other users - can this be checked out for me 

0 Ratings