cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gosforth
Contributor
Message 1171 of 1,296

Re: BT Fibre 900 Upgrade / Smart Hub 2 upload throttling

@Andysedg58 download speed on WiFi will be heavily dependant on infrastructure You using.

BT SH2 download speed directly, which You might see as maximum will be up to 450 Mbps, and even that, if only one device is actively using it.

This will be down to overall utilisation of WiFi at area. E.g. even BT SH2 is technically speaking 802.11 ac Wifi and in theory is capable give you even higher speeds, you will suffer from interference from other WiFi devices around, like neighbours WiFi AP, range extenders, etc.etc. Here is hard to comment, if You WiFi speeds are ok, or still might be improved

Especially, when You mentioned, as there is some other devices involved, even in your setup.

More devices involved, more potential trouble.

In general, what helps it’s not using SH2 in “smart” WiFi channel mode. I found it really useless and dumb.

You will need manually find, which channels on 2.4. and 5 GHz is less congested (you will be limited to options 1,6,11 on 2.4 and 36,42,48 on 5 GHz). If there are not any channels, where You might be better, then it’s time to thinking about different WiFi infrastructure, and start in first place with Router (AX is overkill, even AC routers classed from AC3000 above will do decent job).

Big question is overall layout of house, which will be somehow complicated, as long You already opt into range extenders and BT Complete Wifi Disk.

Only hard wired devices might give you better picture, what’s a speed of the internet you getting. Any Wifi will always have less values, apart you will sitting 1ft front of the router.

gosforth
Contributor
Message 1172 of 1,296

@Andysedg58 here is example what helps myself to gets up to o 650 on WiFi...

On 2.4 GHz I haven't chance do nothing extra, but that is used only for legacy devices. You might see really congestion there...

On 5 GHz, there is little chance find something on channels 36,42 or 48 here, and you might see many many other BR SH2 routers there... At this portion of WiFi I never gets over 300 Mbps, regardless if via SH2 or aftermarket.

Moving away higher on band A, you might spot, as only one WiFi AP there, simply not obstructed with others, is my AP, with speeds up to 500 Mbps on band A. On band B I getting up to 650 Mbps.

First at all, do WiFi scan at your area, and determine, if 2 band wifi router or eventually 3 band could help (I can imagine as many areas will be congested even on band B already, there is many devices capable of WiFi channels 100-140 already on the market)...

Screenshot_2021-05-13-09-08-20-71~2.jpg

Screenshot_2021-05-13-09-08-36-44~2.jpg

xboxedd
Beginner
Message 1173 of 1,296

Hi,

I'm also experiencing this issue with my upload speed being capped at 50Mb.

Would one of the mods be kind enough to contact me to arrange the fix please?

Thanks

@DanielS @JohnC2 @PaddyB @DavidM 

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 1174 of 1,296

Hi @xboxedd  welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry your upload is capped. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you get this fixed.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
c3har
Beginner
Message 1175 of 1,296

Hi,

I have just upgraded to Fibre 900 from the 500 package and I appear to be experiencing the same problem as others on this thread.  Again, I had the same experience with the tech help 'my upload speed was good enough and I should be happy'.  For a premium package it's disappointing that the people the other end let it down with 'help' like that.

I am stuck at 70! Help! 🙂

0 Ratings
c3har
Beginner
Message 1176 of 1,296

Are there any moderators that can help me with the above post? @JohnC2 perhaps?

thank you for any help 😊

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 1177 of 1,296

Hi @c3har 

Welcome to the BT Community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry that you aren't seeing the upload on the broadband product you upgraded to.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

c3har
Beginner
Message 1178 of 1,296

I want to publicly acknowledge the help I received on this forum from the moderators reached a successful conclusion.   They looked into the problem and investigated with other teams and found the issue.  I now have my 110 Mbps upload speed!  So, thank you very much to them 🙂

xz4d76
Beginner
Message 1179 of 1,296

Hi there,

I have just upgraded to the Full Fibre 900 package and am experiencing the same upload cap of 50Mb.  I am getting mixed download speeds through the Smart Hub 2 however I expect they will stabilise over the coming days.  

I am keen to get the upload speed sorted if possible...what is the best way of doing this?

Many thanks, Steve.

0 Ratings
wawyed
Beginner
Message 1180 of 1,296

Hi, I've just got my BT full fibre 900Mb installed and as others have mentioned I recieve the full 900mb download but my upload is capped at 50Mb.

This is the first having full fibre as I was on VDSL2 with TalkTalk. Could someone help me resolve the issue?

Thanks a lot.

0 Ratings