cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 91 of 267

Re: BT Fibre 900 Upgrade / Smart Hub 2 upload throttling

You don't state what devices you are using.

You will only get near 900 on SH2 using direct gigabit ethernet connection i.e desktop pc. 

If your wifi device is more than a year old then you will be lucky to get more than 400 even sitting next to router.

Most smart tvs only support 100mbps connection.

Most homeplugs are 100mbps-500mbps depending on model.

To get up to 800-900 over wifi you need latest third party wifi6 router and 802ac/ax device (example intel ac 9560 or ax200).  Smart hub 2 appears to be wifi5 so 866mbps max link speed on 5ghz band with throughput of approx 400-500 for a single connection).

So basically if you do not have the latest devices then there is probably no point upgrading to 900 package.

900 package is only really useful if you have large household with multiple devices downloading at once.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 92 of 267

Hiya

Sorry I should of said.  But with only getting 2mbps on a fast.com check off my phone was concerning so didn't think about that part.  The previous best I'd has was hard wired into the SH2 as you mentioned. When I wasn't hitting a good basic wifisWiFi at weekend it was first thing I checked.

I've been on with BT today and she had the line checked and did various fixes to the router and the line into it is now running at 750mbps.

Confirmed my side via hard wired into router.

Both mine and my partner's phones are now running at circa 390mbps on fast.com

The lady did confirm problem with 900 service not having correct speed check via bt app (she said herself to use fast.com which id been doing anyway).

Upload seemed still to be capped and I left that with her to look through as she said it should be 115-120mbps

Shame the router isn't 6 imo, would of thought hardware would match the product.

I do have a large house with multi connected things including my children's various ones etc. Hence went for this package.

Last night seeing 2mbps on my phone with just the TV running YouTube at the same was disappointing as I said, glad they've been able to fix whatever it was today.

Hopefully upload is fixed and id be happy with that.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 93 of 267

Sorry to hijack this thread but I'm having exactly the same problem.

I got connected to the 900 service around 3am this morning and now get a solid 930Mbps download, however my upload speed is still around 51Mbps every single time.

I've scrolled through all 10 pages of this thread and toyed with the idea of factory resetting my router (SH2) as a potential fix, as others have suggested, but am I right in thinking that, if I do, then I would have to reconnect all my devices again? We must have about 20+ in this house, so it's not really something I want to be doing.

Regards,

Chris 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 94 of 267

Hi Chris. This is fixed by BT pushing out a parameter change in the Hub 2s firmware. As you’ve only just gone live then I would leave it for a couple of days to see if they do that. We’ve been told that the issue is fixed for new sign ups so hopefully this will happen. If not you could try powering down the HH2 first as this will keep your settings.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 95 of 267

I’ve got a related issue. Service was activated on 23rd April. 

Downloads initially maxed out around 390-400 Mbps but upload speed was 110Mbps.

Raised a support ticket and the first line tech confirmed that download speed at the hub was lower than the speed guarantee. He had me completely power down the ONT for 5 minutes and also factory reset the SH2. 

once everything was powered back up, my download speed has gone up slightly (just under 500) but uploads seem to be capped at 50 Mbps! 

I’ve got a few other gigabit capable routers lying around but don’t want to power down the Hub for now while my ticket still says they’re “measuring my speed” .

Has all the signs of the wrong package has been provisioned on my line but the first line team don’t have access to this level of detail 😞

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 96 of 267

Hi @vram981, we can help with the upload issue, your Hub will need a firmware fix to get that sorted.  I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 97 of 267

Factory reset removed any firmware updates which I'm told is what's pushed out to resolve the 50meg upload cap.

So doing that has put it back to 50. Although it's meant to download the updates again once reset.

I went through the same cycle the other day over the phone but my uploads still capped.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 98 of 267

NielO can I have the details please?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 99 of 267

Thanks Neil. I did another factory reset and after a couple of power cycles, the upload speed is back up to just over 100 Mbps. On the technical log, the firmware date still shows as early morning on the 23rd , so not sure what’s changed. 

firmware revision shows as V0.17.01.12301-BT

my download speeds over a wired connection directly to the hub are still not anywhere near 900 though. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 100 of 267

Hi Neil (Moderator)

when will the fix be in place for the app so we can see the speed to the hub? 

0 Ratings