Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdrayner
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1261 of 1,289

Re: BT Fibre 900 Upgrade / Smart Hub 2 upload throttling

Hi I also have a similar issue.

I moved house and kept my Fibre 900 package.. download is fine in the new place now but upload seems to be throttled to 30MB.

I have contacted support who put in a fault which is now "fixed" but I still have the same limit??

Please can you help?

Thanks

0 Ratings
mdrayner
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1262 of 1,289

Raised this with support again and they are still unable to help..blaming this on a fault in the area that should have been resolved yesterday.. not sure how this would limit my upload to 30MB when the download works fine.

Anyway.. still stuck at 30MB upload. Can anyone here help me get the speed I am paying for?

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 1263 of 1,289

Hi @mdrayner, welcome to the forum, and sorry that your upload appears to be capped at 30Mb. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to see what we can do to improve your upload.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
jmmrly01
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1264 of 1,289

I've just signed up for Full Fibre 900 and I was switched over this morning, but i'm getting a locked 50mb/s upload. Where-as download is in the 900's. Can you please help me with this?

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 1265 of 1,289

Hi @jmmrly01 and thanks for posting.

As you've only just switched over we would recommend giving it a few days and the upload cap can lift over a few days. If you don't see any improvement by Thursday please get back to me and I'll look into this for you.

Cheers

David 

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 1266 of 1,289

Hi @PF118 I'm sorry your upload is stuck at 20Mb, I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch and we'll be happy to help.

You'll get the private message by clicking on the envelope in the top right of the community.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
jmmrly01
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1267 of 1,289

The day after activation it sorted itself out 🙂 Thanks for the super quick reply anyway
0 Ratings
Parply
Contributor
Message 1268 of 1,289

Upgraded to BT Fibre 900 in July. Connect with my Netgear Orbi Router and put the Smart Home Hub 2 in the cupboard. Yay immediate and consistent 900Mb download, 110Mb upload. 3 months later after no problems I discover I have to insert a Smart Hub 2 into the mix to accommodate being moved to a digital phone. Not happy to see upload speed capped at 50Mb as soon as the Home Hub takes over router duties. And remain this way for more than 2 days so far after multiple restarts of both Home Hub and ONT. When will I get my bandwidth back?

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 1269 of 1,289

Hi Parply,

I am sorry to see that your upload profile speed dropped after connecting the Smart Hub 2. I'm going to send you a private message so that I can check the upload speed at our side. If I can't manually correct it, I'll raise a fault and let you know what's happening.

Thank you
DanielS

0 Ratings
ch
Contributor
Message 1270 of 1,289

Hi,

I'm in exactly the same situation as the poster above. Was using my Netgear Orbi just fine, but have had to install the Smart Hub 2 (and the Orbi in access-point mode) because I'm being moved to Digital Voice.

Now my upload is capped at 50Mbps.

Please could you let me know how to "unlock" the speed I'm paying for?

Thanks

0 Ratings