cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndrewQ2022
Beginner
Message 1341 of 1,487

Re: BT Fibre 900 Upgrade / Smart Hub 2 upload throttling

Interesting tip thanks for that - if it’s still the same Sunday evening I’ll have a go!
0 Ratings
SixtiesFan
Contributor
Message 1342 of 1,487

I must have been lucky, because I only had to reset my hub once and then I got the full speeds (about 502Mbps down and 72Mbps up).

0 Ratings
kikixxxx
Beginner
Message 1343 of 1,487

Hi, I noticed a few people are having issues with their upload speed being capped at 50mb, I have the same problem exactly. I got the 900 full fibre package and was expecting upload to be around 100. Do you know what I need to do to remove the cap? I’m a gamer with multiple streams to my upload speed is super important. Hope you can help!
0 Ratings
kikixxxx
Beginner
Message 1344 of 1,487

Can a mod please send me this parameter thing to unlock the 50mb cap for my upload speed please? 

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 1345 of 1,487

Your speed should increase automatically within 72 hours. How long is it since FTTP was supplied?

0 Ratings
kikixxxx
Beginner
Message 1346 of 1,487

Ah only yesterday! I did a few resets but still stuck on 50mbs exactly. I’ll give us another few dabs hopefully that will fix it. 
thank you 

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 1347 of 1,487

Hi @kikixxxx,

Thank you for posting. You should see the upload speed increase by itself. 

Just leave the hub connected and you should see an improvement in the next day or two.

If you don't see an improvement, post back and I'll run a few checks.

Thanks,

Paddy

kikixxxx
Beginner
Message 1348 of 1,487

Okay my download speed is 271 and upload is 40…. I’m on the full fibre 900 package and I’m beginning to wonder if they have put me on a lower package because ???? 

After reading the thread I saw some posters recommending a factory reset to solve speed issues but then some of the mods suggest not doing that and simply waiting 72 hours for it to update.

im kind of worried I’ve missed this update now because I’ve been resetting every hour or so hoping to increase.

😞 will I have missed it? Do they sent daily or? 

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 1349 of 1,487

It will still be sent out. Just leave the hub connected. I no joy after 72hrs just post back here.

Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 1350 of 1,487

@kikixxxx 

Do not keep resetting the home hub, or you might miss the parameter change which is sent to the home hub.