Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 21 of 816

Re: BT Fibre 900 Upgrade / Smart Hub 2 upload throttling

Yup

Rebooted router this morning, got download but no upload

Reset(factory reset from advanced menu) and now getting 1gbps down and 120 up most tests 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 816

I reset from the button on the back, I will give it a go through the advanced menu, cheers
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 816

Reset through the menu and still no change. I'll contact BT to see what they advise.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 24 of 816

Are you using the hub for everything? WiFi etc or just as a modem and then something else connected to it for the rest?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 816

Did another reset via menu. Still limited to 51 up. I'm not using any WiFi discs etc. My guess is that they have capped them at 50 and push something their end when you upgrade to remove that. It's likely based on the router serial number (like BT Wi-Fi opt in/out).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 816

I use the BT hub for everything, and apart from a samknows box and powerline adapter nothing else connected.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 816

Spoke to BT FTTP team. They said they don't look into upload speed issues. Also that they only guarantee 10Mbps upload, so I should be happy that I get 50.

I tried explaining that FTTP does not work like that and that from the ONT direct I get 900Mbps/110Mbps so it's clearly the Smart Hub 2 that's limiting the upload to 50-51.

I guess this is one of those issues that will take more people to complain about before they actually find out what's going on and fix it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 816

@Gillious I have had the same experience after speaking to BT. Since then I connected via PPPoE and upload was 76mbps so clearly it is a router issue.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 29 of 816

@Gillious 

One more thing you can do, as I expect people will have trouble contacting BT at the moment, you can try powering off the Openreach modem/ONT unit and the router. for at least 5 minutes  (disconnect the connection from the BBU battery backup unit if you have one)

Just seen your latest post so ignore that.

BT did also advise to try powering off the router for minimum 5 minutes, but the factory reset worked for me.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 816

@Nemo1975 Indeed a direct connection works fine. It's 100% the Smart Hub 2 itself. Likely a WRT config or something that's capping it to 50 Mbps.

I think the reason why a factory reset is not working for me is that I was sent a new router about 2 months ago when I switched from G.Fast to FTTP and their systems don't have my new routers serial number set correctly. I know this because my router would not opt out of Wi-Fi sharing and that team told me the number they had on their systems was wrong.

0 Ratings