Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 331 of 434

Re: BT Fibre 900 Upgrade / Smart Hub 2 upload throttling

Hi All

I went ahead and got an Asus RT-AX88U and managed to get the same speed as i was getting with the BT Smart Hub so to start with all was really good, sometimes i would get circa 1 gig down really fast

All was going well and then over night the speed dropped down to 500, i thought maybe it was a BT issue so i put the smart hub back in and instantly got the faster speed, i put the Asus back in a again the speed dropped

I have not changed anything in terms of settings on the router etc from when i had the fast speed 

My plan is to do a full reset of the router and see if that helps

But i wanted to see if anyone else running this router has had the same problems, or if anyone had any ideas on what may be causing this

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 332 of 434

@wampots 

No expert here but if you got the full 1 Gig once on those settings surely it's not the router setup.

Watching this thread with interest. 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 333 of 434

you would think so, but the speed increases when i put the BT Smart hub in and drops again with the Asus, the only difference is the router / smart hub swap

With the smart hub the speed is great again about 1 gig and with the Asus it was the same, but with nothing changed it just dropped, and then when i put the smart hub back in it comes back up again

It must be related to the Asus router somehow, tried restarting it, but that has not helped

I have been careful to make sure that everything else is the same and it is just the router that is the difference and it is always the same

Thus was 1gig with BT smart hub, then was 1gig with the Asus, now dropped to 500 with the Asus with no changes to setting and when i put the BT smart hub in the speed returns to 1 gig  and so on

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 334 of 434

@wampots 

Mystified to say the least.😮

Had the Asus never reached maximum speed I would agree with you but  when it did hum.🤔

I have exactly the same router waiting for my FTTP installation to be completed so fingers crossed you keep trying and find the issue. 💪

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 335 of 434

It is an odd one and does not make sense

I may just be unlucky, some of the time it is down to about 400meg, which i know is still fast but i really want to keep the upper speed

I will have a play with it and see what i can find but to be honest as i know that nothing was changed i am thinking of just doing a factory reset and seeing what speed i get after that

Fingers crossed

You will love the FTTP, fast as anything !

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 336 of 434

You will love the FTTP, fast as anything ! 

Mate you have no idea how much I want to ditch my current 1Meg down and 0.4 upload that has driven me mad for countless years.

The Asus I read countless reviews about it before making the purchase plus WiFi 6 attracted me to it for sure.

Countless reviews across YouTube etc speaks very highly of this router.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 337 of 434

You are going to see a big difference 1 meg to 1 gig, make sure you are sitting down !

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 338 of 434

Another post regarding this router.

Have a read wampots. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 339 of 434

Re: BT Fibre 900 Upgrade / Smart HubWa 2 upload throttling

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 340 of 434

Re: BT Fibre 900 Upgrade / Smart HubWa 2 upload throttling

I had my FTTP 900 service go live today. 

I too had the 50Mbps upload cap issue. It was simply solved by just 1 disconnect via the sh2 broadband connection > advanced settings page. Then a manual reconnection. 

Good result and consistent speeds over fixed cable. 

0 Ratings