cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 41 of 816

Re: BT Fibre 900 Upgrade / Smart Hub 2 upload throttling

I tried the FTTP team. Sadly they was clueless and kept telling me as long as I get more than 10Mbps up there is no issue. Failing that I've no idea who at BT to talk to that is not just reading from a script with no idea what they are talking about. If anyone does find the right team/department to get the router cap removed then please let me know.

Either way I've just spent silly money on a new router that won't have this issue.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 42 of 816

So our Fibre 900 service went live on Tuesday and its been solid since then, BUT -

We initially were only getting a fluctuating download speed of 400 - 700 which was strange because the router has always synced at 1000.

To cut a long story short after a few bits of googling anyone else experiencing this problem we -

1. Power Cycled the router = This did not make any noticeable difference

2. Factory Reset the router = As soon as the router was fully booted up we carried out a test and it was at 1000mbs down 110mbs up

Of course we are just using an online speed test with all the issues they can have.

So my message is anyone who has upgraded to one of the two new services and not getting the speeds they expected - Try power cycling and/or Factory Reset. We had not made any changes to the router settings so the reset was not a problem for us.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 43 of 816

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the comments about your upload speed on our new Full Fibre packages.  I am sorry that your upload speed is not reaching the expected heights.

We are aware of an issue currently that is limiting your uploads speed.  The good news is that we are working on a fix and this will be available to all customers experiencing this issue, very soon.  I will update the thread again once I receive word that a fix has been rolled out.

We appreciate your patience while we resolve this.

Cheers

Sean

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 44 of 816

Thanks Sean for the update that is really appreciated. I spent most of last night testing multiple solutions and its comforting to hear BT have now acknowledged the issues we have all experienced.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 45 of 816

As with @WiliestSeven51 - my issue was confirmed with the trials team (I'm on a different trial, but suspected the issue was a QoS cap for Digital Voice, so flagged it to them) and it was fixed in a few hours for me.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 46 of 816

@SeanD Not sure if it's been rolled out yet but my upload is now working at full speed via the SH2. 

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 47 of 816

@Gillious wrote:

@SeanD Not sure if it's been rolled out yet but my upload is now working at full speed via the SH2. 

Good morning @Gillious,

Thanks for confirming.  I believe they were hoping to push the fix out in the wee hours of this morning so this looks promising.  I will get back to the product team now to get confirmation 😀

Cheers

Sean

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 48 of 816

Thanks for confirming this is a wider issue.

No fix yet here this morning.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 49 of 816

Thanks Sean, no fix for me either.  I'm also still suffering from high volatility with speeds to the Smart Hub 2 as indicated by the BT App.  I've reset the Hub and the ONT but no change with speed to the Hub ranging c600Mbps to 850Mbps.  Previously with the 300mbps product speeds to the Hub were in a narrow range of 3 or 4Mbps.  The ip profile of the service is set at 967.96 on the down and 220Mbps. We're very lucky to have such speeds just would like to get a better understanding of why there is this volatility given the stable results I've had over the last couple of years. Thank you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 50 of 816

@AandB 

Your symptoms may be more related to the number of people working from home etc. and the level of traffic on the internet than a problem with your setup.

See if it is better later at night or the early hours of the morning.

0 Ratings