Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 551 of 700

Re: BT Fibre 900 Upgrade / Smart Hub 2 upload throttling

Hi
Has anyone any updates? I made it clear I wasn’t happy a few times on here and expected a moderator to help. As yet nothing. So again I will ask... this 900 is definitely not up to standard. I am anxious to know is there a firmware update due to the SH2 to iron out the issues?  My concern is the WI FI its rubbish...I was  getting 300 all the time on the fibre 250 service.... wish I had never upgraded.... and it is not my devices we have Iphone 11’s they are capable of very fast wi fi speeds. Also my biggest bug bear is the My BT app not showing the speed to the hub this is terrible... when will it be sorted?
How do I also go about compensation for paying extra since April for a far from good service?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 552 of 700

@neil8471  Following countless calls and two engineer visits, a new ONT box and 2 new SH2, I am still experiencing my issue - contention like slow down at peak times. 
Last call with the FTTP team was yesterday. They called after speaking internally to the team who manage or investigate contention, I have been advised all is fine in their investigation despite nobody checking my line speed during peak times. 
the FTTP advisor closed my call advising the only 2 courses of action left for me is to downgrade my package or take this as a complaint to the ombudsman.  Out of principle & because I want to see how they ‘get out’ of this I have chosen the ombudsman route. 
i was expecting a call today from someone escalating the complaint, no real surprise that the call did not come. I’ll give them this week to try before I call them citing their lack of action as yet another example of the incompetence they have shown in the investigation of the issue I am having. 

disappointed. I would recommend nobody join BT on fibre 900. I have already advised family & friends the same. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 553 of 700

Hi 

Do any moderators wish to contact me please re my complaint? Had no response at all?

Also is there an update due on the firmware and also when will the my BT app share the speed to the hub?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 554 of 700

Hi @neil8471,

I'm sorry that you are unhappy that you haven't received a reply from the Mod team. We are only able to help customers who have moved to FTTP and their upload speed has stuck at their old packages upload speed. Apart from that, we don't support FTTP products and you will need to call the FTTP team on 0800 587 4787.

I'm sorry we can't be of more help in this case.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 555 of 700

The problem with the FTTP team is that they tell you it's your fault and there's nothing they can do about it.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 556 of 700

Hi Matt,

Are you able to help with mine? If I use an aftermarket router I get full 900 down, 110 up. If I use the BT Hub / Whole Home wifi I get full 900 down, but max 40 up. Obviously an issue with the Hub. I would rather not have to spend the extra £ on a different router if I can help it, so really this needs resolving as I'm not getting what I pay for. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 557 of 700

I am also having this same issue, I was regraded from 500 to 910 and the upload has stuck at the FTTP 500 profile of 70 mbps.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 558 of 700

Hi @pha5matis , unfortunately it could be one of a number of issues. 
the ONT being swapped fixed some. 
a new 3rd party router for replace the SH2 fixed some. 
others, like me, still do not have the issue resolved and are not getting the full speeds. 
i remain convinced that contention is my issue. If you see speeds slow at certain times you could be the same. 

first step is to record it as a fault with the FTTP help team. A word of warning on calling them though, wait times are extremely long, up to 1 hour on hold at least every time I have called. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 559 of 700

@Adz1978  The first step is to rule out the SH2 as the problem by setting up an ethernet connection direct from the PC/laptop to the ONT.

There is a firmware update in the works but when it will appear is anyone's guess.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 560 of 700

My hub has just had a firmware upgrade to version version.21.03.07094 and my upload has been throttled again to 50mb.

Would the mods please have a look at this again and apply the profile fix as before.  You already have my details previously.

Thanks