cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 51 of 816

Re: BT Fibre 900 Upgrade / Smart Hub 2 upload throttling

Did you actually reset the hub or just power cycle it? We tried both and found that a factory reset did the job. We had not changed any settings so it was easy to do. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 52 of 816

@SeanD  I've not had a change in my upload speed. Received a new router today as the old one was not playing nice with a BT disc. Having plugged it.in I'm still getting 50mbps but 78mbps when using a d link router.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 53 of 816

Thank you.  I did actually try both - the last time using a paperclip and the small reset hole/button on the back.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 54 of 816

Upgraded to full fibre 900 over the phone a few days ago (previous package Halo 250). But had same trouble with upload capped at 50. Phoned up and cap was removed within a few hours so I was getting 120. Thought all was well but now it's back to 50. Gone through all the resets. Still the same.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 55 of 816

What's everyone's download speed test like using speedtest.net? Getting wildly different speed tests results. Getting very low download test results (download speed as low as 100mbps). On previous package using same site it was steady at 300mbps. But strangely or conveniently for BT when I run test on the site they told me to use over the phone it's a lot higher (760mbps on www.fast.com). BT hub tests inconsistent (download varying 76-780mbps). So far have not got advertised speed of 910 at the hub at any time.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 56 of 816

Hi Steve, I wouldn’t rely on Speedtest.net  as it isn’t the most accurate and server (and internal Wi-fi and device) dependent - try changing the server and you’ll see the issue. I only ever report back to BT the results of the BT App Speedtest - it’s their test and there’s either a problem with your service or a problem with their Speedtest. Their test also shows high volatility for me as shown in some screen shots I’ll try and work out how to upload.

AandB_0-1585399086249.png

AandB_1-1585399136779.png

You'll see that this reports speed to the Hub and speed to the device.  The speed to the device is the report most similar to Speedtest.net.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 57 of 816

Thanks will stop using speedtest.net

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 58 of 816

@SeanD I can now confirm my upload speed has increased to around 78mbps. Thanks for sorting so quickly.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 59 of 816

My upload is still stuck at 50mb, could someone possibly have a look at mine to see if something can be done? 

thanks 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 60 of 816

Same here, still stuck at 50.

@SeanD. Do you know why the fix for me only worked for a day?. Direct PPPoE  connection to ONT works at 120 so must be a SH2 issue. Thanks

0 Ratings