cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 61 of 816

Re: BT Fibre 900 Upgrade / Smart Hub 2 upload throttling

I have the same  issue, upgraded from Fibre 250 to Fibre 900 last week and upload speed doesn't get past 51mb ? My wireless speeds are all over the place too since the upgrade too. A very disappointing experience so far. Called the FTTP support team who are going to monitor my speeds. They couldn't explain the upload cap despite running several line checks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 62 of 816

There's nothing wrong with the line so the checks won't find a fault.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 63 of 816

It looks like a openreach network problem. Even the guys at ftth dont have a clue about whats wrong.

BT SPEED.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 64 of 816

As has been said a few times now, It's got noting to do with openreach. It's a BT SH2 config issue that BT need to resolve. If you connect direct to your ONT you'll see you get your full upload speed. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 65 of 816

You'll also get full speed with a third party router. Go figure.

Now you know why I've never used ISP supplied equipment. In their search for the ideal "One size fits all" solution there are always **bleep**-ups along the way.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 66 of 816

Anyone got any idea what is going on here ? This is my speed test result today. Device I used is a Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra mobile phone. My upgrade from Fibre 250 to Fibre 900 is obviously not going to plan 😒

Screenshot_20200331-063852_My BT.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 67 of 816

Hi Everyone,

Quick update from me.

I am sorry for those of you who still find that your upload speed is limited to 50MB when connecting with the BT Smart hub 2.  We are very close in rolling out a fix to all affected customers and we are hopeful that this will happen this week, all being well.

Progress has been made in that any new orders from Friday past, being placed will not have the same problem.  While looking into this issue our technical team has applied the fix to some accounts, this is perhaps why some of you have noticed a positive change to your upload speed.  Rest assured we will get to everyone soon

Please bear with us and I will be back here as soon as I receive confirmation that the fix has been fully implemented.

Thank you for your continued patience it is very much appreciated.

Cheers

Sean

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 68 of 816

Afternoon everyone,

I am happy to announce my upload speed has now been uncapped and I’m getting a consistent 119mb upload. 

may be worth others trying a speed test again to see if there’s has been corrected.

thanks to BT for putting in a fix so quickly. 

Highlighted
Message 69 of 816

Hi all,

Just upgrade from 300 to 900. 

When using my Synology RT2600ac I get my old speeds of 300/50.

Using the Smarthub 2 I get 910/50. Any ideas how I can get the new speeds on my Synology?

Many thanks!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 70 of 816

@TwoTowelsI suggest you start HERE.

0 Ratings