Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 71 of 267

Re: BT Fibre 900 Upgrade / Smart Hub 2 upload throttling

Hi

Are them speeds on wifi or ethernet cable ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 72 of 267

I did a factory reset of my Synology RT2600ac and now I get the full speed. Recorded 920 down and 120 up on fast dot com.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 73 of 267

Is there a fix for this problem yet?

i upgraded on the 1st and had the same 50 upload cap, but after a few hours it fixed and went up to 110.

I then called BT yesterday about another problem and it required a router reset. This then caused the cap to come back at 50, but this time doesn’t seem to be “fixing itself”.

My Netgear router gives 110.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 74 of 267

@Tweakguard Why not use your netgear then?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 75 of 267

My home is 3 floors and I find the Wi-fi reach on the SH2 and the black disc to be really good!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 76 of 267

I phone last night and the nice gentleman I spoke to didn’t have any idea so told me someone would phone me the next day. I then received this text: 

”We tried calling you earlier concerning your complaint about your fluctuating upload speed. Sorry we missed you. Your minimum upload speed is 10Mbps and, should it consistently fall below that level, we can investigate for a potential fault. We've tested your broadband and have found it to be running normally. Speed fluctuation is normal and we expect to see it happen during busy periods. Of course, this is usually during the evening but, at the present time, is 24/7. Don't forget that speeds fluctuate during the first 10 days of a new service whilst we find the optimum speeds for your line.“

The most frustrating thing is no one knows what it is. I made the upgrade mainly for the upload speed! Can a mod or anyone please give us an update for this, or just tell my router to uncap! Please?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 77 of 267

Sadly their phone support are mostly entirely clueless. They talk about FTTP like it's FTTC/DSL and have no idea how it actually works. I had the same kind of response as you and tried to explain to them FTTP does not work like that and that direct to the ONT I was getting full speed. They told me as long as I got 10mbit there was no issue and they won't do anything. Luckily my cap on the SH2 got removed and seems to be sticking.

As I said before, good luck finding someone at BT who is not just reading from a script. Luckily it has been acknowledged here so hopefully those behind the scenes who actually know what they are doing will get it resolved for everyone.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 78 of 267

Hey, thanks for the reply! I now feel like someone understands the problem haha. 

This is why I posted here as it seems the problem is only known here.

The frustrating thing is that it was working at one stage, I had 110 up! Then a reset sent it back down.

I can only hope they have not forgotten about this problem and a permanent solution is here soon! Since my package is not cheap (£80) I really hope I get the full upload soon and someone takes this problem more seriously! 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 79 of 267

Have you tried a factory (pinhole) reset?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 80 of 267

@pippincp many times! Unfortunately nothing is working. 

0 Ratings