Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 81 of 267

Re: BT Fibre 900 Upgrade / Smart Hub 2 upload throttling

Hi @SeanD

Is there any further news on this being fixed?  Apart from running a speedtest then how will the fix manifest itself? For example an overnight reboot, firmware update or other indication?  Also, how does BT now recommend testing the speed to the Hub as for me this feature has been withdrawn in the My BT App and the test within My Account doesn't even return a speed result just a message saying the the speed is above the stayfast guarantee, but does not specify the guarantee speed it is measuring against.  I ask this as my ip profile from the usual BT wholesale checker gives a lower acceptable speed that what my service confirmation email stated i.e 225Mbps rather than 455Mbps.

Many thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 82 of 267

Apparently they’re releasing an update to fix the speed to the hub not being available

See here https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/MyBT-App-No-longer-showing-hub-speed/m-p/2...

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 83 of 267

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 84 of 267

Hello @SeanD 

Are you able to provide any further update on the fix for the Fibre 900 upload cap?  I appreciate that normal service is not possible at the moment but I am concerned it may have been rolled out and I've been missed for some reason.  Is it a parameter change to the Smart Hub 2 or a firmware upgrade or will I just notice the enhanced upload speed?  It does seem that some have had it fixed by calling in but am reluctant to do that and add unnecessary pressure to the helpdesk.

With many thanks for your help.

Andrew

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 85 of 267

Hi @AandB,

Thanks for the message, I am very sorry for the delay getting back to you and that you find your upload speed is still limited to 50MB.

The fix for this issue has been rolled out so your connection should be running at full speed, I am sorry that this is not the case.  Not to worry as we can look into this and sort the issue for you.  I have dropped you a PM with details on how to contact us, once we receive your info we will send this on to our fibre team so they can resolve.

Cheers

Sean 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 86 of 267

Still no fix for the speed to hub either not been showing for 3 weeks now on fibre 900 if that helps

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 87 of 267

Same here. No change on speed even though I reseted the hub like people said they did and worked for them

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 88 of 267

Hi there

Wonder if you could help please as I notice your BT app speed test is giving you speed to the hub.  I too have changed over to Fibre 900 and was previously Fibre 250,  since the change when I do a speed test on the app I only get speed to the device now and no longer speed to the hub.  Then when I try and do a speed test from the hub manager ie when you type in 192 etc in the browser it then logs you in to my BT but then says I have no broadband linked to my BT?  phoning BT is like pulling teeth they haven't a clue !!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 89 of 267

Hi Sean
I am having issues with my Fibre 900 also , upload speed capped at 51mb and download speeds fluctuating plus no speed to the hub showing on the BT app. I'm paying for a premium product but feel I am not getting the service I am paying for since the upgrade.Thanks Neil
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 90 of 267

Brand new FTTP property here ( new buildhbuild estate)

Service officially went live today (900)

However it started working on Saturday and I saw around 300-350mbps download. So some way off 900.

Since Saturday it's barely got above 50mbps DOWNLOAD.

This evening it's running 2.0mbps download!

The my bt app speed to router check doesn't work.

The hub 2 has appalling WiFi connection. Even when just down the hall from where it's located.

£60 a month for this....... Dreadful.....

Extremely disappointed 😔

0 Ratings