Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
busterboy1
Expert
Message 951 of 961

Re: BT Fibre 900 Upgrade / Smart Hub 2 upload throttling

@jamie1985  

I will report back if the cable blows off the pole lol

___________________________________________________________________________________

On 4G I presume..😂😂😂

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
jamie1985
Contributor
Message 952 of 961

haha yes, lets hope it does not come to that,

don't want to jinx it now do i LOL

0 Ratings
busterboy1
Expert
Message 953 of 961

Wind is getting strong here this afternoon @jamie1985  and the fibre cables are horizontal just outside Harrogate where I live.

They must make a solid job when installing to the poles as I imagine there will be some weight from each span pole to pole.😳

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
jamie1985
Contributor
Message 954 of 961

Yeah i am about 25 miles out of edinburgh so winds just seem to be going like crazy right now, all i can say what diffrence few weeks make.

This fibre cable has gone through a lot so far lol

0 Ratings
Havo987
Aspiring Contributor
Message 955 of 961

I was sent a link by BT to a new speed test site which is good to go for the new 900/110 service.

The link was sent via text message from BT customer service in Exeter to my mobile phone.

The link worked well, but is tokenised and has a shelf life.

Does anyone have a link to access this new BT approved speed checker site that is not time restricted.

Many thanks

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 956 of 961

Hi @Havo987,

Were you given the link for Fast.com?

Let me know if that was it please.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Havo987
Aspiring Contributor
Message 957 of 961

0 Ratings
simonwks1983
Beginner
Message 958 of 961

Hi BT,

After a horrendous 2 weeks to get my full fibre 900 broadband sorted, I'm experiencing what the others are claiming to be the capped upload speed, can you please help to lift this cap? 

Thanks.

Regards,
Kwok Wong

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 959 of 961

Hi @simonwks1983, welcome to the forum, and sorry your upload speed is capped. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mods and we'll be happy to help you with this.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
CheekyMonkey
Beginner
Message 960 of 961

hiya, I have joined the trial for voip and have to now use the SH2 but due to this i am also having the issue now of uploads being capped at 50mb when should be 110mb for upload although was actually getting 220mb upload using aftermarket mesh router

any help would be amazing please.. I have spoken to someone at the FTTP team who didn't seem to know much about pushing the correct profile to the smart hub and instead tried booking an engineer which isn't needed for this issue

hopefully can use my own hardware in the future for voip 

0 Ratings