cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Fibre 900 Upload Speed

Go to solution

Hi

I recently upgraded to Fibre 900 and on the first morning I was getting the full 110 upload speeds with my download was 300 ish then did some reading on other threads and factory reset the SH2 to see if this would kick the speeds up, which I probably shouldn’t have done. 

Since then I get around 350-400 download speed over WiFi which is to be expected but only 50 upload speed max on any device I try, wired and wireless?

Is there a MOD available that can help resolve this situation as I have seen many issues on other threads?

Also for the wider community,  I have Tenda PH3 powerlines running for the kids PS4 upstairs but am only getting 60mb download speeds out of those via the SH2. Any suggestions on other methods I could try to try and improve these numbers?

Thanks 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Fibre 900 Upload Speed

Go to solution

Hi @Smithboy11 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your upload speed.  It can take a few days for the Hub profile to update automatically, when did you do the reset? 

It's normal not to get full speed on powerline adapters and the only way to get the full benefit would be to have a direct ethernet connection. In saying that I know the PS4 doesn't always return accurate speed results and possibly doesn't have the chipset to handle 900Mb but 60Mb should be more than enough to game online. The ping response time is more important than the speed when gaming online. 

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @NeilO 

Thanks for the reply.

I reset the SH2 on 30/03 and upload still stuck at 50 on wired and wireless? Before reset I was getting  100/110.

Even the WiFi is a bit hit and miss at the minute, some tests I get only 30 download and others I am getting 300-400 which is to be expected.

On my PS5 I am only getting 500/25 on a direct connection to the SH2.

Thanks. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Smithboy11 thanks for getting back to me, I'd give it another day or so and the Hub upload profile should update automatically. If it doesn't update on its own, post back here to let us know and we'll be happy to help with that. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks @NeilO 

I will give it until the weekend and let you know 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@NeilO 

I am pleased to report that the UL speed has sorted itself out.

Thanks 

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Smithboy11 brilliant, I'm glad that sorted itself 👍

0 Ratings