cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

BT Fibre 900

Hi i have had  full fibre package for about a week with the BT complete wifi 2 discs  i have been getting about 300 down with  both discs which is ok and about 600 down close to the  SH2 router any idea if it worth getting a wifi 6 router to get closer to the 900 mbps and any idea if it would work with Complete wifi?  

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: BT Fibre 900

WiFi-6 enabled routers are always going to perform better for sure.

Here is my Asus RT-AX88U  performing via WiFi-6 direct to my Gigabyte laptop.

I cannot help regarding the complete WiFi system in your home.

This is direct to my iPhone 11  from the same router.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

Do you have the Acer router and put the SH2 in modem mode or you have got rid of the BT router.   Bought the Honor Router 3 Wi-fi 6 yesterday evening supposed to be good router. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

Hello Tom, With FTTP you obviously don't need a modem as the ONT (Optical Network Terminal) does that job.

Just running my Asus RT-AX88U Router because my install was brought forward and my Home Hub 2 has not been delivered yet.

Expecting it today as it happens but won't be fitting it as my Asus is doing the job fine as you can see.😊

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

I have received my wifi 6 router today and didnt see a difference in wifi speed roughly the same at 600 max output with only one device connected.  I only had fibre for about 1 week and half and must be that the line needs to settle.  

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

600Mb is about par for the couse wireless. If you want 900Mb use a wired connection.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

is it worth to keep the Wifi 6 router then  BT SH2 into a modem i guess that my BT complete  black disc will work and the BT  Voice service. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

If you want digital voice you have to have the hub as the main device. It does not have modem mode anyway as the ONT performs that function.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

ahh ok i would just have to keep it connected to the BT SH2  to the ethernet and then   Lan to the Wifi 6 router.   not sure if there would be inter-fence though as the BT SH2 is still beaming wifi. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

Turn off the hub WiFi.

0 Ratings