cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: BT Fibre 900

Tom I presume they removed your original copper and telephone socket the way you are talking.

On my install they left the original copper service including telephone socket so no issues still using the house phone.

When the time comes (2025 I heard) I will probably do away with the house phone permanently as both me and my wife use our mobiles for all calls now.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

What third party router do you use?
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

Honor Router 3

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

Yes We originally had phone line through copper but it was years ago since it was active. We only used mobiles  until they offered it as part of package with fttp. Didn’t release that it was wireless thought they still connected it to copper lol.      So I bet now when I switch off the SH2 hub signal the black discs and voice service will stop working as it uses the Wi-Fi signal from it to work.  So the Wi-Fi 6 router is kinda pointless 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

Phone should still work with wireless turned off as the hub is a dect base station.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

ok not sure if  the BT Black mesh disc will work then though when the wireless is turned off?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

In add to the iPhone 11 Pro Max internet speed you had with the router how did you achieve those speed my last quickest speed test here from 12 Pro which is 2X2 Wi-Fi only. 

1817063C-AC81-463E-8238-C6482845F96A.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

I don't think it best to have two routers connected, going to stick with third party router. I think there is a way of porting that number to another provider and then connecting to the third party router? 

0 Ratings