cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

BT Fibre 900

i have  connected CAT 7 Ethernet from SMH2 to my gaming PC and getting stable 900 mbps download and 100 upload.  
wireless seem to be a lot of interference  it about 200- 400 max download and 100 upload  on the IPhone 12 Pro. 

Any ways I could possibly increase the  wireless speed around the house? Is it worth getting a  gigabit switch board and CAT 7 Ethernet around the house  ? Or a gigabit  power line work?   

the complete  black Wi-Fi disc  at the moment max out at 300 mbps using with Ethernet connected to the gaming pc 

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: BT Fibre 900

I'm thinking your Smart Hub 2 is the bottleneck Tom.

Smart Hub 2 is not WiFi 6 so that will reflect on that problem.

I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max and happily breezing along at superb speeds with my Asus RT-AX88U router 

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

Yea looks good that but I don’t think I would be able to place it somewhere though it’s huge that router. I bought this router https://m.hihonor.com/gb/shop/v3/unitedkingdom/product/honor-router-3/?cid=440002&cid=440002&utm_sou... on Amazon suppose to be Wi-Fi 6 plus received it a few weeks ago for £50 heard a lot of good reviews  about it to replace the SH2 but it similar in the speed and performance which is strange and the signal strength not great.  Be good to see other people giving there thought with it on BT.  Do you have a mesh with Acer as you would get signal in everyroom 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

@tomhumph97 

Do you have a mesh with Acer as you would get signal in everyroom 

________________________________________________________________________________

No mate my Asus RT-AX88U works alone and supplies every room in my house, obviously the furthest room is slower but still picking up over 200Mbps even that far away.

Tried clicking the link you posted to no avail Tom but it'd dead. 😞

Please don't take this the wrong way but you usually get what you pay for, I know zero about your £50 Router and that is the very reason when I took out the 900 /110 package I bought what I knew would work.

Other members tried the Asus RT-AX88U before I ordered mine all with success, Mine has been delivering full speed all day every day.

I showed you my WiFi running great, this is wired and never drops all day. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

is it the one with Gold on the antennas or red. they both look very similar AX88U. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

@tomhumph97 

Yes Tom that's the one, if you double check the Asus make & model you can't go wrong.

Yes again the one with the gold antenna's. 

Here is the box mine came in.👍

ASUS RT-AX88U.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Not sure where the best price for this router at the moment. Roughly at £300 price range
The one with red antenna similar to this one is £100 cheaper at the moment.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Hi I have just received 6acer router RT AC88U  router and set it up today, to replace the SH2. 

any setting should i be aware of? the router is getting  less than 200 mbps at the moment  close to the router

a lot less than the SH2, the router is currently in PPOE mode.     any ideas. 

thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

Tom there must be underlying problems if that isn't working properly.

These are the settings I used kindly sent by jedpause.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

It needed firmware update and these settings, thanks 

Speed on the macbook Pro came to over  700 + mbps , usual 400 on the bt sh2     speed on iphone 12 pro came in at 600 wirelessly which is a lot better to be fair  roughly 300 on the SH 2 

much appreciated

0 Ratings