cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Fibre Broadband 11mbps?

So when someone says im on fibre i expect high speed broadband, im at a point where i can really only move providers to Virgin Media, but dont understand why half of my postcode has been done to the new full fibre but my street still cant get above 11mbps.  Ive attached my stats from my router and bt tech support said there is nothing more we can do.  Any thoughts.

alvin bodner1.PNGalvin bodner2.PNG

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Fibre Broadband 11mbps?

Enter your phone number and post results. With your attenuation you are a long way from your street cab

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

@imjolly Thanks for your speedy reply

Ok so would that explain why i get a lot of drops in performance like download speeds in file downloads and just not great performance even when wired into the router not on wireless.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Screenshot 2021-09-03 211722.png

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Are you having problems with your hub dropping Internet connection?  Often?

Have you tried connecting to the test socket with a filter to see if that improves your connection speed and stability? 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Borse2008 and thanks for posting again.

Are you using your landline? Can you check for noise by dialling 17070 option 2. If there is any noise like crackling etc we'll need to report this as a line fault.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

‘Fibre’ when it comes to FTTC ( fibre to the cabinet ) is pretty self explanatory the fibre goes to the cab and the existing copper cables go you your home , with this type of service the distance to the cab from your home dictates the speed you get ( close to the cab , 80Mb is possible, the further away the slower you get ). The advertising of FTTC services as ‘fibre’ is contested by some, but it was Virgin who first advertised their own FTTC system as ‘fibre’ that allowed others to advertise in the same way.
If your ‘street’ cannot get FTTP but other streets nearby can, then it could be that your street is in the program but not yet done ( with any list , someone’s at the top and someone’s on the bottom ) or it could be the other streets were an easier or more cost effective upgrade that your street , but that’s an Openreach decision, not BT Consumer

0 Ratings