cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT Fibre FTTC - random drop outs

Hi everyone, I'm on FTTC with a SmartHub.  Generally all is well and my BB is reliable and consistent at 
10.00 Mbps / 55.00 Mbps.  I work from home so obviously notice drop outs more which causes the Smart Hub to resync.  I was just wondering if there is anything obvious from the my line stats that might explain this, I have no clue!

I've tested my line with the silence test and that seems OK.  Sometimes I can go 10 days plus (never more than 14) without a dropout.  Other times the Smarthub resyncs once a day for for 2-3 days.  I've generally noticed drop outs occur either in the evening 6-9 or early hours.  Really appreciate any insights.  

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Firmware version:

SG4B1000E020

Firmware updated:

20-Dec-2020

Board version:

Gui version:

Data rate:

10.00 Mbps / 55.00 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

13729 / 64255

Noise margin:

8.2 dB / 5.5 dB

Line attenuation:

38.6 dB

Signal attenuation:

24.9 dB / 38.6 dB

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

BT pic.JPG

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Fibre FTTC - random drop outs

From dslchecker results you had 63/13 mb connection on 29/10 but you now have 55/10mb suggesting you were on fibre 2 but have now downgraded to fibre 1 maybe to save money. Did  you make the change or is there an error.

Stats don't show connection time.

Did you try using test socket with a filter to see if that helps stability

Was quiet line test absolutely silent?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Fibre FTTC - random drop outs

Hi, thanks for the reply. I've always been fibre 1, never got above 55mb so that sounds like an error! Line test not absolute quiet but I'm using a cordless phone so heard what sounded like a normal low, dull hum sound (no cordless I'm afraid).

I tested once for a couple of days with the test socket and filter, had one drop out in that time so on a par with now. 

0 Ratings