Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Captaincaveman
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

BT Fibre - purchased but doesn't "exist"

Hi,

I'll try to keep this brief, but here goes;

So we live in a village with a massive 1mbs Max internet speed. In may fibre went live but in the hour between receiving the email and trying to buy it had "sold out". New estimates on bt site said " end June 2015 - early July 2015" anyway, on the 23rd June we checked by site and fibre was available to buy, so we did!

Now switch on was 7th July - and we still have no fibre or broadband. After calling CS apparently fibre isn't available in our area! Yet if I go to the bt website fibre is still available to purchase!! What's going on? We came to bt purely for fibre as we live so far from exchange and 1mbs is next to useless.

Please help because CS just could not understand what we were saying and kept speaking the same lines in a loop.
Tags (3)
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Fibre - purchased but doesn't "exist"

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

it is possible your exchnage has been upgraded but your street cabinet has not

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Captaincaveman
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number --- on Exchange FALLINGS PARK is served by Cabinet 50
Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

WBC Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available
Other Offerings
Copper Multicast -- -- -- Available
For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line does not have left in jumpers.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Oct-2012; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

Note: Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.
Thank you for your interest.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

from what I can see cab50 has had fibre for a while yet the dslchecker does not show it is available to you.  if cab full then there is usually a note to that affect and when capacity will be increased

is it possible that you live a long way from cab 50 and fibre is not available to you  FTTC-speed-distance-graph.png

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Captaincaveman
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

No idea where can 50 is, there is a cab nearby (within 500 yards) I suppose that could be it?

I don't get why if its at capacity its still allowing me to purchase with speeds of 68-70mbs on bt check?
0 Ratings
Captaincaveman
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Also, just remembered when we were at the checkout stage our broadband speed was "guaranteed" to be within 37mbs and 34 or something like that (we went for infinity 1 to test the waters) so I would assume our cab is not too far away and certainly close enough to be getting double figure speeds. Thing is we were supposed to be activated yesterday which I would assume means that an engineer would need to visit the cab to switch us to fibre?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

I would have expected when you ran the checker with your phone number that you would see FTTC available and estimates speeds for your line - there is no FTTC

0 Ratings
Captaincaveman
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Strangely enough when I now go to check to see what I can buy on bt my house and phoneline comes up with error. Switching to a postcode search and a neighbours house still says fibre can be purchased?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

try contacting openreach in case there is a problem on database  https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?id=7214&embed

0 Ratings
Captaincaveman
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Thanks for the reply again but it all seems a bit futile as whatever I send or whoever I speak to I will be unable to get fibre and who even knows if and when they eventually sort whatever mess this is, out.

It's disappointing that something that is now supposed to be an everyday necessity for the population can't be accessed by the people who need it and the root cause?
0 Ratings