cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT Fibre switchover

Hi there, 1st post.

I have received a new Smart Hub, which I have installed, in preparation for Switch Over to fibre.  Various emails have said that this would all start on 3rd June 2020, and that I would be emailed when it had all happened.  I am confused as a further email has stated Switch Over day is 30th June 2020.  Since my last communication from BT was on 2nd June 2020 advising that everything would start on 3rd June 2020, I haven't heard anything more.  

Any ideas about this?  No idea if switch over has happened (given 2 different dates) - just wondered if anyone can possibly help?  

Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Fibre switchover

@Vivien5wrote:

Hi there, 1st post.

I have received a new Smart Hub, which I have installed, in preparation for Switch Over to fibre.  Various emails have said that this would all start on 3rd June 2020, and that I would be emailed when it had all happened.  I am confused as a further email has stated Switch Over day is 30th June 2020.  Since my last communication from BT was on 2nd June 2020 advising that everything would start on 3rd June 2020, I haven't heard anything more.  

Any ideas about this?  No idea if switch over has happened (given 2 different dates) - just wondered if anyone can possibly help?  

Thanks

@Vivien5 

the Hub may be able to indicate if you have moved.  Go to: 192.168.1.254. click Advanced Settings, Technical Log (you will need to log in using the password on the tab on the back of the hub).  You then need to look for: 

Data rate:19.999 Mbps / 79.999 Mbps

Maximum data rate:29.399 Mbps / 93.900 Mbps

and see if you have some figures close to that.

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for this. I'll try it and let you know how it goes. Once again, Thank-you
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

If you go to the stats page as suggested, it will tell you what type of connection you have at the top of the page. If you have been moved to Fibre it will show VDSL. If not it will show ADSL

Message 5 of 8

Thanks for this, I'll check it out
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@gg30340 

Can't find it on the Smart Hub 2 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Its on the 'Status' page rather than advanced settings > technical log

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

The switchover could have been delayed as well with the covid-19 situation. It will require an enginner to do stuff on the network side & they'll have had less of them available

0 Ratings