cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT - Fibre

Hi All,

I hope you can help me. Recently I reserved a plot at the new development, and I have been advised that BT connection points are going to be available in the property but unfortunately there will be no Fibre. Can I ask BT to install Fibre cable to my property? Is it expensive? 

Thanks for your help. 

Mateusz

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT - Fibre

this has nothing to do with BT Retail.  you need to contact openreach

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/contactus/newhomes/newhomes.do

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

What sort of development, house , flats, ?, is it a one man builder type development or a major house builder , a major build you would expect would  know what is required as far as Openreach are concerned 

TBH, you need to speaking to the developer , if they approached OR, then a FTTP network would be provided for free if they wanted it , have they approached OR at all about anything, if they haven’t , then you may well be unable to get services in the short term at least.

If OR are not effectively on site , having joint boxes built , ducts laid etc, then how does the developer intend that purchasers will be able to connect to telephony and broadband service.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

This is a new development which will include around 100 new houses. I contacted the developer yesterday and they advised me that the BT connection points are going to be available but there will be no Fibre at the property.  I reserved the Plot off plan with planned completion in March 2021. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

The developer is clearly clueless, there is no such thing as 'BT connection points' and they should have  liaised with Openreach for FTTP to be provided. You need to find out what exactly has been provided.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Hi,

This is what they said:

• BT points to living room with master socket located under stairs
  • Ethernet points to living room and separate kitchen / dining area (where applicable) and master bedroom

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

You mean this?

2018-11-30 19_19_34-Window.png

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@Mateusz19 wrote:

Hi,

This is what they said:

• BT points to living room with master socket located under stairs
  • Ethernet points to living room and separate kitchen / dining area (where applicable) and master bedroom

I would have no confidence whatsoever in what the developer says if they refer to 'BT points'. You need to pin them down and ask if Openreach have provided fibre or copper infrastructure to the development and if not fibre, why not.

0 Ratings