cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Fibre ??

Hi all,

A couple of months ago BT were in the street, disconnected us all from the local pole and then reinstalled lines to only active BT customers, But they seem to have added fibre as the yellow lablel on the pole says "Caution live fibre above"   does this mean fibre above ground and not below?? Also fibre city have been digng everywhere up and some of their cables resurface at the bottom of the BT poles, what can this all mean? anyone know?

Has I was out of contract with BT, I was going to be paying more, but got Halo 3+ with a promise of a FREE upgrade to Fibre 100 when available.

Any help, info etc would be very wecome, do you have Fibre 100?

Regards

Mel.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Fibre ??

It would have been Openreach, not BT. FTTP can be delivered either underground or overhead. Other network providers have access to Openreach poles.

I have do not have Fibre 100Mb.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

It makes sense , that if Openreach have to change out a telegraph pole , or do other works to make it ready for adding the equipment for FTTP , that they don’t bother replacing the ‘dead’ copper pair dropwires to property’s that don’t currently have a working ‘Openreach’ service.

Once the FTTP equipment is ‘live’ , you may get a communication from BT asking you if you want to upgrade or you may have to instigate the change yourself , what they cannot do is change you over to FTTP without your consent ( for one thing access into the address is required to install the ONT )…..the appearance of the CBT ( FTTP equipment ) on the pole doesn’t necessarily mean FTTP is ready to order , there can be a relatively lengthy gap between the equipment installation and the ready for service date…you probably should keep an eye on the wholesale checker for FTTP showing as available, in case you don’t get contacted by BT.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

You would have to research other network providers yourself or ask questions on their website 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@CactusMelwrote:

A couple of months ago BT were in the street, disconnected us all from the local pole and then reinstalled lines to only active BT customers

I hope OR reconnected lines to other non-BT ISP customers or there'll be such a furore!

0 Ratings