cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 40

Re: BT Full Fibre 100 and Smart Hub 2

Go to solution

Hi @licquorice  thank up for sharing. The Openreach Full Fibre installation process continues to evolve. 

I have witnessed and interacted with my local telegraph pole upgrade and the 1st Stage installation. On all occasions I have had amicable discussions and these do not align with your perceived understanding of my full fibre installation.

You are not helping.  I have fibre-optic cable from the FTTdp box. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 40

Go to solution

@crimsom wrote:

You are not helping.  I have fibre-optic cable from the FTTdp box. 

No you do not.

The Openreach guy may call it that, thinking FTTdp means a fibre DP, it doesn't.

There is no point discussing it as you clearly don't understand the clear distinction between a technology known as fibre to the DP and an Openreach technician calling a CBT  FTTdp. They are totally different things.

Terminology needs to be precise

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 40

Go to solution

Hi @licquorice  thank you for sharing. 

I have witnessed and can physically see my full fibre installation. You are not helping and have become a nuisance. 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 40

Go to solution

That is the whole point, nobody is doubting you have a full fibre connection. It is just the terminology you are using that is incorrect, it is not FTTdp it is FTTP.

There are none so blind as those that will not see.

Message 15 of 40

Go to solution

Hi @licquorice  thank you for sharing. Your earlier diagram does not depict my FTTdp installation of the fibre-optic cable.  During 2nd Stage installation, my fibre-optic cable will be connected to the ONT, to give FTTP.  Do you get it now, or persist in debating pointless semantics? 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 40

Go to solution

In message 8 I simply pointed out that you were using incorrect terminology which might lead to misunderstandings. Rather than accept that and move on, you have persisted in digger yourself into deeper and deeper holes trying to defend the indefensible. It is not semantics, it is incorrect terminology which in the context of telecoms is all important. I shall take no further part in this thread.

The diagram clearly shows the distinction between FTTP(H) where the fibre extends to the premises(home) as in your case and FTTdp when the fibre ceases at the DP and the last span is copper. There is no such terminology as FTTcp.  Do you get it now?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 40

Go to solution

Screenshot 2021-10-08 214652.jpg

This is a similar image of our local FTTdp telegraph pole that has recently been upgraded to have fibre-optic CBT box. My Openreach 1st Stage installation has full fibre cable connection to fibre-optic and copper wire at top of our local telegraph pole. 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 40

Go to solution

I have no idea where you obtained that graphic, but it is inaccurate. However, I don't expect you to accept that.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 40

Go to solution

Hi @licquorice  thank you for sharing.  This image is exactly what I see as our upgraded FTTdp telegraph pole.  With your fixation on old information, I do not seek or want your acceptance. 

My Openreach full fibre 2nd Stage installation is booked to install ONT modem and connection to fibre-optic cable (part of full fibre cable).  Openreach showed me their 1-port model without any battery backup, and no power by copper wires from the exchange.  There’s usually flexibility on where the ONT modem is installed, so I do not have to locate it next to my existing FTTC telephone master socket that is powered by copper wires from the local cabinet. 

During a mains power cut, the ONT modem does not work!  After the FTTP interim transition period, I guess that the wired FTTC telephone master socket becomes redundant and cannot connect to the emergency services.  It's curious that ISP providers want their customers to have mobile phones.  

Message 20 of 40

Go to solution

The BT Broadband Availability Checker Featured Product says my line will have Openreach WBC Fibre Broadband.  Evidently this is the modern combination of Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) and Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC).  This is the match to our full fibre cable and the advertised WBC Fibre Broadband. 

0 Ratings