cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 23

BT Full Fibre Upload Capped

Go to solution

Hi i recently got my full fibre 900 installed and it seems to be that when using my smarthub2 the upload is capped at 50 upload, it’s happened to a few of my friends and seems to be a problem everywhere by the amount of forums I see

when I use my own 3rd party netgear nighthawk I get the 110 upload speed

anyone know how to fix the problem / uncap on the smarthub2

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Re: BT Full Fibre Upload Capped

Go to solution

It is a known issue and the mods here on the forum are more then happy to help you to sort it. If you just got connected give it a few days as sometimes it sorts itself. In my case after 2 or 3 days my upload went from 50 to 110Mbps by the morning. If after a few days no changes happen you can ask one of the mods to help you and they will push the right profile on your hub. See THIS thread for more about this. 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 23

Go to solution

Okay thankyou for that reply, I will give my hub 3 days of uptime and if it hasn’t sorted itself I will ask for a mod to help

i just don’t understand how I can plug my own router in and setup the pppoe and instantly get the 110 upload

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 23

Go to solution

To be hones I have no clue, but BT is clearly aware of it and hopefully working on a fix. It seems like there's something to do with the bt hub as all 3rd party routers are working fine. Let's hope we will see the fix soon and the mods here don't need to be bothered by this issue anymore. 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 23

Go to solution

I have been reading through the forum you linked me with over 1000 replies and that dates back to March so it’s been 2 months and still no fix 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 23

Go to solution

Hi @Steveyk98,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if you're upload speed has been capped at 50 Mbps. If you send me your details, I'll be able to give you a hand in getting this fixed.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 23

Go to solution

Hello I read through some of the comments on forums and what I did to fix the issue was

i power cycled both the hub and the ONT that didn’t fix the problem

i factory reset the hub from the login page and that also did not work

i then factory reset the hub from the pin in the back and also held the reset button on the ONT for 15 seconds and after that it fixed and gave me 110 upload!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 23

Go to solution

^ also after doing this my SH2 had a firmware update and it fixed the problem entirely so that was the issue I’m assuming 

firmware version - v0.26.04.04227-BT

is the update I got that solved the problem 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 23

Go to solution

@Steveyk98  Your own router gives you 110 straight away as it doesn't have the firmware issue the hub has. Don't know why you are bothering with the hub when you have a perfectly usable alternative which gives you greater control.

Then again if you went for digital voice you're screwed as you have to use the hub for that.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 23

Go to solution

@pippincp the issue is now resolved as stated above ^ 

also yeah I did opt for digital voice and that’s why I need to use the SH2 instead of my netgear nighthawk

0 Ratings