cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Full Fibre drilled through door frame - now rotten. How to move?

Hi there,

BT Openreach installed full fibre around a year ago and ran the cable through the wooden door frame - this allowed water in and the frame has now begun to rot out.  

I need to replace the door and frame as a matter or urgency but have no idea how to move the cable.  Can I detach from the white box and reroute through - I don't know, a hole in the wall?

Will I need to get Openreach to do this? If so, how do I book them in?  I've had absolutely zero luck getting hold of BT customer services.

I'm not even that bothered that BT caused the problem, I just need to get the new door fitted!

Cheers' n

Ben

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Full Fibre drilled through door frame - now rotten. How to move?

Contact BT and explain the wire needs moved, the charge is around £130 though.

Message 3 of 5

Cheers. How do you get hold of BT though!? Is it just a matter of sitting on hold until someone picks up?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

150 from a BT landline or 0800 800 150

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

It just Openreach not BT Openreach, but running a cable through a door frame hasn’t been an acceptable way of introducing a cable from the outside to the inside for many, many years....perhaps you could post a picture of this....and possibly where the cable runs from ?
You say you have full fibre ( FTTP ) so the ‘cable’ should be optical fibre and depending on the type of install would need to be replaced from the CSP ( if fitted ) or back to the fibre DP, but if the install was never done property should be re done FOC, but I’m surprised that anyone would recently install any cable (not just fibre ) through a door frame

0 Ratings