cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 138

BT G.INP?

So does G.INP only work on the Hauwei modems at the moment and all ECI modems have to have a firmware update? Should I replace my ECI modem with my HG612 even though my cabinet is eci, I mean everyone seems to be saying how superior the HG612 is because it has a broadcom chipset and doesn't need a firmware update for g.inp

0 Ratings
137 REPLIES 137
Barry57
Expert
Message 2 of 138

Re: BT G.INP?

Myself and others on the unlocked thread found the eci/r a little better  than the hg612.*

Also my ECI green street box was upgraded a few weeks ago (with new tech bits I think) and the my unlocked eci/r is working great with higher speeds and in "Fast" mode.

Quick type of the stats 

ActualInterleaveDelay=0 ActualImpulseNoiseProtection=0  nINTLVDEPTH=1 DataPath = Fast  

I also believe g.imp is just a broadcom name for the new bt transmisson technology.? There is a good thread on thinkbroadband about it.

The ECI/r and both hh5's  support  bt's new transmission  when I asked.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*From the unlocked thread:

Other posters also reported the same from earlier in the thread.  

can confirm the ECI runs MUCH cooler than the HG612. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I swapped my HG612-3b for an ECI and can confirm it runs far cooler. It barely gets warm to the touch.  The ECI also has slightly better latency than the 612.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

latency shows a greater increase when using the HG612  when compared to the ECI

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The heat mats worked a treat on mine as the walls were  recently re plastered  {getting the drill out wasn't really an option... quiet life et-al :smileywink:

Maybe the heat was more noticeable due to the way I had the hg612 3b set up ?    Do find the eci/r much cooler in the same set up configuration.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/planning-to-get-myself-an-unlocked-openreac...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Dave123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 138

Hi, I don't have an ECI modem, but G-INP on my H216 was enabled 3 days ago without a firmware upgrade. My modem is unlocked and the connection speed has increased by 4Mbps.  I noticed that interleave has also been enable at level 8 (DL).  My cabinet is in Maidenhead.

0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 4 of 138

There’s lots of confusion out there as to how to tell if your line is G.INP enabled.

You may find this article by Mark Heath of interest :- http://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co.uk/g.inp

Things are moving quite quickly on this so he will update the article as he gets more information.

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
StevenNT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 138

I have a BT HH5, any way of knowing if it's enabeld on it?

Thanks

0 Ratings
ardsar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 138

So far, everyone that i have seen post that they have G.INP enabled are on a Hauwei cabinet. I have seen no reports of this being enabled on an ECI cab.

Has anyone on an ECI cabinet had G.INP enabled?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 138

Is there a way to tell if its on from the BT HH 5 type B?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 138

You can't even tell if interleaving is on, so G.INP would be a challenge.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 138

Eci modems need a firmware update. If g.inp is applied to the line before its updated you need an engineer to reset the DLM. This temporarily removes g.inp so the modem can sync and download the firmware update before g.inp is applied again.
0 Ratings
xwrt
Contributor
Message 10 of 138

There is so much incorrect information taken from a single post on Kitz  😞

0 Ratings