cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlmfun
Contributor
Message 71 of 138

Re: BT G.INP?

i dont have g.inp on guys, i downloaded dslstats, put the laptop into the modem by the ethernet, started it up and it told me all the stats etc. i should have known i didnt have g.inp on anyway because in the modem it says inp 4 3. when dlm kicks in for me its always and i mean always around the same time of 6am, never earlier or never later. i think someone in the area has something that comes on at 6 thats messing with dlm but i dont get what it could be as its never timely. it could be fine for one month then dlms on, then it could be fine for three months and its back on. it baffles me, ive not ruled the modem out because some people say theyve switched modem and theyve never had dlm again. when i first got this modem from my dads, i tried it at my mums whos got an eci modem and as soon as i plugged it in the latency was all over the place. i think im gonna get an eci modem and see how that works out. i wouldnt even use the modem but all 3 hub 5s we have had always reset about 500 times a day.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 72 of 138

Sounds like a line problem if multiple modems don't work.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
onslow
Contributor
Message 73 of 138

@ray_dorset wrote:
Does it? It seems to leave more questions AFAICS

It certainly does. It's a haven for astroturfing BT insiders, gossip and speculation. Any support for their claim that ECI DSLAMs need "expensive upgrades" to support G.INP?  Maybe true, but any evidence, other than a circuitous link to another forum with yet more gossip?  And so it goes.

It's understandable BT wanted diversity of supplier; hence sourcing kit from both ECI and Huawei.  But in many ways they've bought a pup from ECI - both CPE and CO.  So many problems. Not least the limited upgrade path for G.993.5 vectoring on the M41 DSLAMs;  still no system-level vectoring solution for that platform.

And apparently the latest problem of poor quality PCB fabrication in ECI DSLAMs; leading to corrosion from damp; needing retro-fitted "heatpads" for all 26,000 ECI cabinets. To try and keep them dry.

ECI was always an odd choice for BT supplier.  Geo-politics at work, maybe? ECI's kit is designed, apparently, in the Zionist State (Electronics Corp of Israel) but fabbed in China.  Yet Huawei, state-owned Chinese telco-kit maker, "poses a national security risk" we're told.  What gives?   Yet, paradoxically, it's been the Israeli-made telco kit with the backdoors.  E.g. Amdocs of Tel Aviv supplied allegedly rooted PABX kit to the Clinton Whitehouse.  Kit which the Mossad's "Mega Group" (Bronfmans, Steinhardt / Lansky et al.) used to wield influence over Mr President, allegedly. Wire-tapping Bill in flagrante delicto, wooing scarlet lady / Tel Aviv asset Miss Lewinsky from the red phone in the Oval Office.  As read on Kitz, allegedly, so take with a pinch of salt!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 74 of 138

I think we have Asbo to thank for that,in a funny way - it's a double-edged sword.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
dlmfun
Contributor
Message 75 of 138

ray i see that you use mydslwebsats 😉 im logged in atm, my noise margins have gone up during the night, ive been pluggin and unplugging things to see if anythings causing errors and even though the extension sockets are surge protected theyre causing fec errors to occur.

during the day my downstream margin was 6.1 and my upstream was 7.2, now its at 6.4 down and 7.5 up with the up changing to 7.6 every 5 to 10 mins.

also do you know anything about this ray. http://gyazo.com/658e6c933a09c26cf782b8e7788cd164

0 Ratings
Sylver123
Expert
Message 76 of 138

According to ZyXEL, the SBG3300-N000 modem+router already has support for G.INP and G.Vector.

I am using ZyXEL SBG3300-N000 with the latest firmware but unfortunately it looks like my cabinet

hasn't had G.INP implanted or enabled yet.

0 Ratings
Barry57
Expert
Message 77 of 138

Thanks Sylver 

Always liked the look of those ZyXEL's and if anything happens to my unlocked eci/r then I'd definitely consider one as your posts on the unlocked thread helped a lot!

My line still the same,  no transmission or what ever its called  in use - just "Fast" mode 🙂

0 Ratings
Barry57
Expert
Message 78 of 138

Still struggling to understand how this Tranmission /g.inp would improve anything ?

Also I think there is a problem with normal eci modems if trying to connect to a line which has this g.inp already active.My unlocked eci/r has all the transmission commands but it might not be the case with normal ones. 

Unusual for Barry to say 😉 

Maybe its better to air on the side of caution for now and advoid nomal eci's and other similar chip modems / routers until the niggles are ironed out ? 

Zyxel 8324 /8924 seem to work well according to kitz and the 3300 that Sylver  recommends.

0 Ratings
dlmfun
Contributor
Message 79 of 138

G.INP imo is good but it's not at the same time, on dslstats, everyone I can see who have G.INP have literally no errored seconds but they have a ton of interleave, average is 16 down and 8 up and that for my is not good. That's 24ms more latency and that's gonna rack it up to more than adsl2+ latency. I'd rather have a line that's not as stable that drops every few months than a line that's got stupid latency and I'm sure every other gamer will agree. Just wish dlm didn't exist at all.
0 Ratings
Barry57
Expert
Message 80 of 138

My ping /  latency is really low in "Fast" Mode  with the Unlocked eci/r.

Seems this  Transmission/g.inp adds a lot of latency and Fast mode will never been seen again with these new line settings?

Looks like sylver123 was ahead of the game when getting the zyxel as the threads / stats with on kitz with g.inp active look impressive 🙂

0 Ratings