cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrNorma
Contributor
Message 91 of 138

Re: BT G.INP?

Well they will have to roll out some sort of solution if not a new HH. What makes you think that it's ok for a company to supply a product that works great. Then they choose to change something that makes your product not as good?

A look at the forum over the last few days shows a lot of people with the exact same issue with the HH5 Type A.

Explain why this product is for for purpose?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 92 of 138

@MrNorma wrote:

Explain why this product is for for purpose?

Explain why it isn't. Please show me where you are guaranteed broadband speed and latency. It may not be as good as it was but that doesn't make it unfit for purpose.

19nbg71
Expert
Message 93 of 138

can us customers get on the same side to sort this out,rather than get in petty squabbling!
now isnt it time we had some sort of official response from openreach or bt?? mods?
LegendaryAced
Contributor
Message 94 of 138

BT Openreach enables a new feature in their side (FTTCs) which decreases the noise, increases the sync speed and the stability by eliminating Interleaving. This feature is called G.INP and G.Vector.

BT (and other providers) supply modems (or routers with modems) which is essential equipment for the customer to connect to the broadband. The majority of this equipment is incompatible or not enabled for G.INP and G.Vector which causes a significant decrease in the quality of the service (interleaving, lower sync speeds, instability). While most of the customers are still in the acceptable margin there are cases in the forum where people are now syncing below the acceptable margins.

With all the above, there is no logic in the reasoning that BT is not guaranteeing broadband speeds. No one asked for a guarantee. We are talking about a significant decrease in the quality because they may have overlooked these side-effects.

Btw, I was just thinking that HH5As configuration might have G.INP/G.Vector deactivated and they just need to send a new configuration. But I cannot test or confirm something like that because I do not know what kind of configuration they set up.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 95 of 138

@19nbg71 wrote:
can us customers get on the same side to sort this out,rather than get in petty squabbling!
now isnt it time we had some sort of official response from openreach or bt?? mods?

Unfortunately BT don't seem to like giving informatiion to customers and prefer to keep them in the dark. A simple official statement of the facts would put an end to a lot of speculation. Just not going to happen though, never does. Smiley Frustrated

Barry57
Expert
Message 96 of 138

Seems like its a hg612 sp08 or something like the billion 6600 / zyxel 8324/8924  thats recommend by kitz / mydslstats is the only real options at the moment to solve these niggles ?

I'm not looking forward to  when the eci street cabs get "upgraded",if its anything like whats taken placed on the Huawei's. 😞

0 Ratings
dlmfun
Contributor
Message 97 of 138

tbh it is pretty stupid how theyve only done one type of cabinet knowing that others are going to want g.inp and all theyre gonna get is complaints, people are blaming bt when its openreach.

tbh g.inp has being rolled out and is being rolled out quick, i wasnt expecting it until the end of the year tbh with you.

0 Ratings
McGrath1982
Expert
Message 98 of 138

Hi all a friend of mine has borrowed me his HG612 I've set it all up and I'm getting this couldn't tell you if it right or not??.

IMG_2129.PNG

IMG_2128.PNG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 99 of 138

That's on the wrong firmware for G.Inp support 😞

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 100 of 138

Openreach installed the ECI modems to customers on Huawei cabs.

BT sent HH5 type A's to customers on Huawei cabs.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings