cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
subaruswift
Contributor
Message 131 of 138

Re: BT G.INP?

Well the eng as came & gone this morning after swapping my hh5a to a hh5b & the master socket face plate from a mk2 to a mk3 also he reset the dlm. making the speeds go up a bit ( 5 Mb/s better ) to around 47Mb/s but he says as the cab is eci & running all most full hecne there is not much he can do 😞 oh the pings have dropped down to 1 or 8ms back to normal there :).

he checked the house cables & the telegrath pole etc but there was little to no errors on the line now. there is a newish fully upgraded g.inp cab at the other end of the road near the main road. however he said i can not be linked to that one as the main cable would have to be changed & that would cost quiet a bit to do.

there is some new fibre users & more being added over time if & when there is space in the small eci cab that i am on & that will slow my speeds down because it does need to be upgraded to a bigger & better cab with G.INP activated to get better speeds etc, but he or anyone he knows does not know when that might or will happen...  so time will tell if or when the eci cab gets upgraded like the other fully upgraded one down the other side of the road.

hence he say give the dlm a few hours as it resets at my home first then the exchange etc & that might take a few hours to do.... lucky thing is that he tested & said what he was doing all the time & he really did try his best.

i was thinking about getting a Billion 8800NL but i will now hold off or should i ?.

0 Ratings
dibdab214
Aspiring Contributor
Message 132 of 138

Can you tell me what type my cabinet is I'm on POLMONT 26.  I haven't seen any cabs in the area, although it is a new housing estate so I've not looked in every street.  

Cheers 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 133 of 138

Huawei

0 Ratings
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 134 of 138

I am waiting for my infinity 2 to be installed come Monday with full estimated speeds and even estimated speeds of 79-80 on BTs infinity checker - Lovely.

How does one find the make of of their cabinet? Like ECI etc?

The last property I lived in was served by a Huawei cabinet and I only knew that as the G.INP issues with ECI modems and the HH5A issues at the time had compatibility issues. And I suffered from this for a long time until the fix/botch was done.

I have not had the chance to cabinet search but from the estimations of the speeds I shall get tells me the cabinet is really near somewhere and even if I did find it I would not know what make it is lol.

I know the HH5A supports G.INP after the .11 update and I have an openreach ECI modem too. A rev B 2 I think? Manufactured in 2013.

I am unsure whether to use the HH5A by itself or with the modem when the engineer comes to do everything as I need a new line installed too. 

Thanks!

Mark.

*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 135 of 138

@imjolly wrote:

your cab is ECI not Huawei so still no G.INP

I may be out of touch, but I have just noticed that G.INP is enabled on my line, and yet I am connected to an ECI cabinet ???? 

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 136 of 138

@shirts wrote:

@imjolly wrote:

your cab is ECI not Huawei so still no G.INP

I may be out of touch, but I have just noticed that G.INP is enabled on my line, and yet I am connected to an ECI cabinet ???? 

That post was 6 months ago and was correct then but G.INP is now being enabled on ECI cabs but only on downstream

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 137 of 138

Thankyou imjolly.....

I told you I was out of touch....;-)

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings
NewtronStar
Expert
Message 138 of 138

@imjolly wrote:

That post was 6 months ago and was correct then but G.INP is now being enabled on ECI cabs but only on downstream

But imjolly the Huawei cabinets have had G.INP turned off on the upstream since August 2015 as standard it was called G.INP Mk2, G.INP Mk1 was fine until the ECI modems and HH5A users that were connected to a Huawie cabinet started to complain about loss of sync speed and higher pings