cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boxer1948
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT HUB 6

At the beginning of February I upgraded from broadband to superfast fibre. The new hub arrived on the first of February with the instructions to install it right away, it would only receive a broadband signal until the superfast fibre signal was switched on. On the Friday 7th of February at 11:15AM it was switched on So far so good but a strange occurrence started happening every Friday at precisely 11:15AM the Hub rebooted itself and when the time changed at the end of March it rebooted itself every Friday at 12:15.Its no big deal as it only lasts for about 5mins but it is infuriating if you are in the middle of something on the net. It is like the power has been switched of for a micro second. Any suggestions what would be causing this?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT HUB 6

that sounds more like interference from your electrics in your home.  do you have anything that turns on or off then or something you use about that time?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Sounds like it could be something local turning on or off and causing the hub to reboot.

0 Ratings
Boxer1948
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

No I cannot think of anything in my house that turns on off at that regular time frame.Have a look at the post "BT Network or Smart Hub 6 force a reboot every 35+days" What do you think?
Kind Regards,
Boxer1948
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

there are some connection that reboot every 14 days and is the DLM nothing internal but it is not as precise as your resets of connection

I still would be looking at something internal or at worst something very local

is your phone line ok with no noise?  could there be a check up call made at that time

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Boxer1948
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Thanks for that I will keep a note of the exact  times the router reboots on a Friday and get back to you.When you say something very local do you mean the exchange or the line from the exchange to my house?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

no I mean just outside or a neighbour

0 Ratings