cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT HUB NOT CONNECTING TO WIFI

My BT hub has not been able to connect to WiFi since last night. Every time I reset it the same issue happens. It has a SOLID ORANGE LIGHT on it where the blue light to indicate WiFi connection usually is and a FLASHING RED B underneath the orange light. Please can anyone help me fix this? I have tried everything...resetting the device, swapping the cables, checking our area network status etc and nothing works. I am hoping someone can help with this issue. Many thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT HUB NOT CONNECTING TO WIFI

I think you mean not connecting to Broadband rather than wifi.

You would appear to have a line fault, have you checked for dial tone on the line, have you reported the fault.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Sorry yes I mean connecting to broadband. The line seems to be working fine, if it was a line fault what would the solution be? Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

if you have a dial tone on landline then dial 17070 option 2  make sure there is no line noise.  if you have checked for outages in your area then you need to phone 150 and report fault

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

The solution to a line fault would be an engineer to fix it having reported the fault.

Try connecting the hub in the test socket behind the removable faceplate of the master socket with a filter. If you still have the problem you will need to report it to CS on 0800 800151

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Also check that the phone number that is read out, when you dial 17070, matches your phone number, just in case you have a crossed line.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

I have tried the test socket and the outcome was the same, still a solid orange light with a flashing B on the hub. Does this mean it is definitely a line fault? Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Which exchange are you on?

0 Ratings