cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: BT Halo Fibre to the Home and High Latency

I don’t think I said they had, like I said in a previous sample it was showing lost packets and during my sons gaming sessions

yep I know I have the tools and my original question was asking how  i go about  reporting the latency issues which there are.
instead you told me I couldn’t read and there were no latency issues

You’ve been a great help at teaching me to suck eggs. 

thanks! 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

While you are learning to suck eggs perhaps you may like to consider who you are going to approach regarding latency when you can't show where it occurs. If it occurs within the BT network then BT will be able to do something, if outside of BT's network there's not much they can do especially if it occurs when you hit the gaming servers.

If you have a previous sample showing the problem then post it, alternatively post a sample when it happens again.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

Really!? well I didn't know that. I thought I could blame a network fault that didn't occur at BT on BT! Duh! 

I was merely illustrating that there was high latency on one of their routers which was the route the packets destined for the gaming servers took. It spikes over 300ms and like I said high latency or any latency above 30ms is not good. 

After all your mumbo jumbo you still didn't answer my original question, you've just ended up trying to belittle me and prove you think you know it all and you are some how superior to everyone else. 

I have actually worked as an EA in the IT industry for many years (>30) so I understand the basic fundamentals of networking.

Anyway don't waste your breath responding unless you are going to answer my original posted message which was how can I report issues to BT when high latency is experienced on their routers. Yes I know I need the evidence before you state the blindingly obvious again. 🙄

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

As an Executive Assistant in the IT industry is way above my pay grade I will bow out and leave it to your more knowledgeable self.

BTW don't forget the eggs.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

That’s actually quite funny. Just keep up the study and you might one day reach my dizzy heights 😂

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

If those dizzy heights mean an internet problem I don't know how to prove or who to contact about it then no thanks, I'll stay in my humble pay grade with no issues and continue to teach you how to suck eggs.🤣

0 Ratings