cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlmfun
Contributor
Message 11 of 20

Re: BT Have won or is it lost..

he lied to you, they dont need to go to the exchange to reset your profile they do it there and then on the spot, dlm has made your ping go that much higher, mines gone from 13-16 to 32ms and ive lost 12 mbits aswell. ive had 4 engineers who have also said my lines fine yet dlm gives me interleave when it feels like it. problem is bt never tell you this stuff before you sign up which in my eyes is wrong.

Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 20

So assuming the engineer didn't actually reset the DLM, you really need that to happen to see what your line is actually capable of. If I were you I'd complain to the helpdesk saying the engineer promised a DLM reset which didn't happen and you want one doing.

Bear in mind they probably won't be able to do it remotely, so you'll need another engineer visit. Ask for a Boost engineer.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
Keninfinity
Contributor
Message 13 of 20

Thanks R,

I was orgionally told by L2 support that The DLM needed resetting & the eng would come & do the checks ( did go through this once before when I first sign up).

So yes Eng did the usual stuff, Even checking my cat5 phone wiring, agreed with the reset, off he went to reset DLM , i'll have it done in 20 mins just watch for the resync.

Waited from 9:00 a.m, because he did arrive early, finally I gave up & went to bed on midnight... lol . 24hrs later nothing, no change.

Now, today L1 online chat then on phone they actually said L2 had given the wrong info quoting 56mb. I did ask them at what point that became more knowlegable that L2 , they went quiet, but still they insist that my line is not capable of faster speeds ... Ah well , just spoken with nighbour & they moved to talktalk because of the same issue from our CAB.

Yes talktalk do use the same CAB, but my nighbour is now happy , so looks to be good reason to move & get a free £50 or so shopping voucher, £10 month cheaper fibre fee.

Just as a note I asked BT what they could do for me as regards price & put me on infinity 1 , answer is £3.50 reduction.

Unless something happens before may contract finishing then i'm off.

Regards to all for answers...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 20

good luck with your move just remember it will still be the same Openreach engineers carrying out any work with your new provider and TT use the same wholesale checker
0 Ratings
Keninfinity
Contributor
Message 15 of 20

Your correct J, but at least i'd be paying less. I don't mind paying BT a fair price for what they supply & assuming they stick to the origional deal, but when it's gotten to this point & the service is degrading theres now no where to go with the problem. Man Mad

BT are taking on new customers with similar if not the same package as the downgraded service  I am now receiving ,for £15/month , but if i stay with them I'll be paying £22.50 for the same as a new signup & my contract is ending.

They will not sign me up with the cheaper package, I must leave ,  i'm being mugged.

If you've been buying 56kg of potatoes in a store for most of your life & then after x number of years they only give you 33kg for the same price, do you go back to said store & pay the higher price when the man standing next to you pays the lower price. Think this makes sense..Man LOL

Cheers ken

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 20

An engineer can carry out a DLM reset over the phone while in your home it is possible Openreach would not allow the reset as they like to let the DLM reset automatically if no faults are found
0 Ratings
Keninfinity
Contributor
Message 17 of 20

3 months to reset & it still has not done it ????? this is from the origional power outage time.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 20

be careful and watch for any download limits and traffic management the new BT packages you refer to have 20gb download limits not the 40gb or unlimited packages you are on you may also get charged a one off connection charge of £50.00
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 20

The DLM will only release an increase in download speed if the line is stable enough and line errors are low
0 Ratings
dlmfun
Contributor
Message 20 of 20

john just to clear it up, if i still get crc errors when interleave is on and theyre not frequent, does that mean its short bursts of rein.

http://gyazo.com/0e2bee5c76c8166cb6abee19c0679a26

not had a crc error since this afternoon and my noise margins increase during the night.

0 Ratings