cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iknowyourusername
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT Home Hub 3.0 is great

It's great I don't lag out on xbox any more and my speeds have improved from 9mb download to 15mb. Just one question on the hub settings it has b/g/n and n 40hz which one should I choose?
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Home Hub 3.0 is great

leave it on auto - i do think though it should have a setting to allow you to select n only and not bother with b/g

0 Ratings
stelee
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

It does have a N only (40ghz) setting.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------BT Infinity 2 | 80/20 | SamKnows™ Infinity 2 Member | (EASBF)

Stephen
0 Ratings
Iknowyourusername
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

So I should leave it on b/g/n then that's what is was on originally?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Annie_UK
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

I've replaced my HH3b Wifi With Edimax 802.11n kit as the HHs Wifi keeps cutting out and brodcasts at a much lower power than my Edimax AP.

BTW, Now I have WiFi diabled does FON still get picked up by the hub or is that disabled too. I Know FON is disabled in power saving mode.

0 Ratings
jpadeutsch
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

To Iknowyourusername. It is best to avoid the n 40 option unless you really know what you are doing. It uses twice the wireless band width, and therefore interferes much more with your neighbours' wireless stuff, and suffers more from interference from them. If the wireless adapter on your computer can cope with the speed you might appear to get a higher connection rate, but the interference may well cause such high packet loss that the actual data throughput will drop.

To Annie. If wireless is off on your HH3, then FON is off as well.

0 Ratings