cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flambert
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT HomeHub 6 Repeated BroadBand Brief Disconnects

For about the past month my HH6 keeps dropping and re-establishing its connection to BT Infinity, apparently randomly 2-3 or more times per day. This can, for example, even happen at 3 am when no one online, no central heating running etc.

Probably coincidentally this problem seems to have commenced since the most recent firmware update of 18/12/16. Prior to this, the system had been stable. There has been no change in domestic wiring etc. Connected speeds remain good.

I attach some info from the hub, to see if any one can advise as to whether problem is likely to be at BT end, Hub related, or something in my home environment. 

Thanks,

Mike

Page 1.PNGTech.PNGEvent Log.PNG

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT HomeHub 6 Repeated BroadBand Brief Disconnects

After a firmware upgrade, I would always recommend a factory reset.

This ensures that any incompatibilities between the new firmware, and the current user configuration file, are eliminated, as the new firmware will contain a default configuration which will be fully compatible with any firmware changes.

You will have to re-enter any changes you originally made, like turning off smart setup.

0 Ratings
Flambert
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for response. I tried a factory reset on 1/1/17 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Leave all devices disconnected overnight, and see if it the home hub disconnects, just to prove whether its a device causin the line to drop.

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
miniemma
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

I had this exact problem after the firmware update.

BT denied the problem exists even after I sent them copies of all the threads on here.

0 Ratings
Flambert
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Have done the line noise test a few times. Always seems quiet (although not tested immediately after/during disconnect). 

Will try the everything disconnected option overnight and see what happens

0 Ratings