Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
paulh113
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

BT Hub 3 Actual Data Transfer Speed

Hi, Ok so I got a new Hub 3 after the first one had a few issues, I got the Hub 3 on Thursday it works fine apart from my connection speed has halved from 68mbps to around 34mbps, it can get worse and improve at times then I noticed on the hubs admin section under wireless the actual data transfer speed section, its currently sitting at 52mbps but it changes all the time ive seen it at 34, 78, 104 and 130mbps, could that be the reason for the slowdown?

firmware-  V100R001C01B031SP12_L_B

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Hub 3 Actual Data Transfer Speed

Its just wireless interference. To get full speed you will need to use an Ethernet cable.

Wireless channels at 2.4GHz are just too congested.

0 Ratings
paulh113
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Thanks for your reply, my old hub 3 never had this problem I've even changed wireless channels to no help, I don't own any ethernet cables to test it either and my speed is now down to 13mbps and upload is down to 10mbps.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

unless you can do a speed test with a wired connection there is no way of seeing the problem with your speed you had ethernet cables supplied with your home hub 3
0 Ratings
paulh113
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Ok so I've took the cable out of the hub from the infinity port and plugged it into my laptop and it just says unidentified network, no network access, am I doing it right?
0 Ratings
paulh113
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

That's the only cable supplied with the hub.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

NO you leave the infinity cable connected to the hub in the red socket and connect the other ethernet cable to one of the yellow sockets on the back of the hub and the other end of that cable to your laptop
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

two ethernet cables are supplied with the hub pack one with red ends and one with yellow ends
0 Ratings
paulh113
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

We only got a cable with the red ends to it.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

then you will need to purchase one from a local supplier it is very strange there is always two supplied
0 Ratings