Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT Hub 6

Go to solution

I am having trouble with the BT Hub 6.

The broadband is testing fine to the hub but I am finding the 5Ghz signal from the hub is fine but from the hub only? 

there is no signal on it - yet the 2.4 Ghz is working fine.

so the ipad and iphone log onto the hub and then have no signal at all, but an older imac and a sony mobile test and work perfect and run a speed check.

I can change back to my old Hub 5 and prove this.

Can i do a reset to the hub 6 that may solve this issue but not wanting me to log every device back ointo the hub 6. 

which is getting a huge task with lots wifi devices these days and hubs (sonos and Hue) plus nest devices.

Help would be appreciated.

I have not split the 5 and 2.4 for information.

Thanks

Brian

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Hub 6

Go to solution
Turn off smart setup and split the 2.4/5ghz networks as many devices don't like them combined

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks will try that
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
I followed that advice.
The 5 on the split does not have broadband but does have a signal to the router. BT are sending a replacement router tomorrow.
I could try a hard restart before changing over. Though this is just more work. The issue only started the other morning.
Thanks
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

I would just wait for new hub  if you have a lot of wifi devices in use then when new hub arrives 

turn off smart setup

split the 2.4/5 ghz networks and select channel manually

change SSID for 2.4 and 5ghz to the same as previous hub and use same password then all wifi devices should connect without any changes - save lot of effort

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Thank-you will do that.
Can you explain what I need to do after
‘split the 2.4/5 ghz networks and select channel manually’
It’s the select manually part?
Thanks for your great advice.
Should save loads time.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks
The new hub arrived.
Configured as recommended and it’s great.
Thanks for advice.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

once you have split the networks by toggling the switch then go to 2.4 channel and select one of channels and take of auto then repeat for 5ghz channel