cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Hub 6A disconnects almost daily , sometimes within the same hour

Nothing (apart from never turning the power off) seems to guarantee it stays connected without interruption. It will always disconnects daily if i turn the power off at the wall as i like to do before i go to sleep at night.

The system runs nearly default , apart from the lease time has been set to 2 days, and smart settings is off.

I took a few screen grabs of the minute it last disconnected on if this helps identify why its doing this almost daily

a.pngb.png

BT hub details:

log.png

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Hub 6A disconnects almost daily , sometimes within the same hour

I have was told by EE when I had broadband with them that you should always leave your router switched on. They reckon that it confuses your ISP's gizmos if you keep switching it on and off as they think there is a fault.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Indeed. It absolutely should be left powered up 24/7, to not do so could cause the automatic line management to think a fault has occurred. 

Leave it powered all time. Weekly or fortnightly 'soft' resets that occur automatically are widely reported on the HH6 so do not worry if you catch one of those.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

OK I wil keep it turned on.

I have been doing so these last few days since I made this post and Ive not noticed any disconnects so you may be right

0 Ratings