cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 24

BT Hub dropping connection every now and then - is this due to DLM kicking in?

Hi, due to some faulty wiring which i have now disconnected, our broadband kept dropping out enough times for the DLM to activate. today the speeds were at 3.81mbs instead of around 50mbs which is what we pay for. around half an hour ago of me typing this, the broadband cut out. Speeds have now increased to about 5.42mbs. Then broadband cut out again, now speeds have increased to just under 7mbs, connection there didn't even last a minute before dropping again, i was now fearing that the speeds would go back to square one or 3mbs or even lower! Thankfully it didn't and the upload speeds had also increased a tiny bit so did the download speed. 

Did the broadband cut out so the line can refresh to allow higher speeds or is it something else?

Also worth noting that the broadband is opreating on an extension and i am with vdsl

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 24

Re: BT Hub dropping connection every now and then - is this due to DLM kicking in?

Post your hub stats. If hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information 

enter phone number and post results. Remember delete number.   https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

Have you tried using test socket with filter?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 24

really bizarre fault regarding ext wiring - help

Hi, im hoping someone can help me as im pulling my hair out over a strange fault.

Basically a few monts ago, i noticed my broadband was dropping out there and then, i burrowed a phone which showed the line was noisy on the ext but fine on the main socket. I replaced the cable only to find out the internet speeds had dropped, but i figured this was due to dlm so didn't question it more.  Then the light on the hh6 was flashing orange so moved it back to the main socket and the speeds shot straight up to 32mbp, not what im paying for but still a drastic increase. I figured the replacement cable was faulty, and it was bodged to be fair and there was 2 junction boxes so i can join some solid core cable on to the main part of the cable which was stranded; hopefully that makes sense. So ordered a solid core cat5e cable, arrived a couple of days ago and installed it only to find out that the speeds went back down to about 5mbps download. Then the speeds went back up to 49mbps download on the ext, speeds went back down, then went back up, then went back down again which is as im typing this. But when i move the router to the main socket which is in a really inconvenient place, the speeds go back to what they should be. I've tried using a different master socket faceplate with no luck and same goes with the ext socket. I am using a centralised filter but have the ext wired up to the a & b unfiltered terminals

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 24

Re: really bizarre fault regarding ext wiring - help

Can you clarify

do you have a filtered master socket and then 2 extension sockets?

which version of master socket do you have?

are all extensions wired back to the master socket or is 1 extension socket wired to master and the other extension wired to first extension socket - daisychain?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 24

I have a openreach mastersocket NTE5 with the test port that was fitted around 6 years ago with a centralised face plate on it

I have a filtered phone extension and a unfiltered vdsl extension both travelling down the cat5e cable from the master socket (connected accordingly) and it terminates via a junction box where the filtered pair splits of to the phone socket and the unfiltered pair splits of to the dsl socket which is where i have my router plugged into. i dont have any other extensions fitted. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 24

So master socket like thistest socket.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 24

Re: BT Hub dropping connection every now and then - is this due to DLM kicking in?

Capture.PNG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 24

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084319+NQ93573338

Firmware version:

SG4B1000E020

Firmware updated:

24-Feb-2020

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 1 Hours 24 Minutes 33 Seconds

Data rate:

4.93 Mbps / 6.29 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

4988 / 6283

Noise margin:

6.7 dB / 5.5 dB

Line attenuation:

47.1 dB

Signal attenuation:

48.4 dB / 47.1 dB

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

46 MB Uploaded / 1 GB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:

Active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:

SUB_WILLNE

2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 11)

5 GHz wireless network name:

SUB_WILLNE

5 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 36)

Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:

Mode 1

Firewall:

On

Software variant:

-

Boot loader:

0.48.8-sec

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 24

yes
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 24

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Firmware version:

SG4B1000E020

Firmware updated:

24-Feb-2020

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 1 Hours 24 Minutes 33 Seconds

Data rate:

4.93 Mbps / 6.29 Mbps