cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Druid111
Message 1 of 6

BT Hub flashing pink

Hi need some advice, have called BT twice today as since 12 noon my hub has been flashing pink. Have been connected to Call centre in India somewhere, have checked all cables, reset hub, performed factory reset, still nothing. Being told I will have to wait for an engineer to call on the 30th October! yikes my kids are so very unhappy, especially as they have a mass of A-level homework to complete!

I have also called 1470 17070 and it has announced my number completely, have been with BT since May/June this year, appalled with service to begin with but stuck in a contract now. Was also warned that if the engineer found no fault I would be charged in excess of £100 plus VAT.

Any advice.

Regards
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Hub flashing pink

Did you also try connecting to the test socket to eliminate any problems caused by internal wiring?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

There is no charge if no fault is found there is a charge if the fault is caused by a fault is found on your internal wiring or equipment connected to it
0 Ratings
Druid111
Message 4 of 6

Hi there have checked the test socket and our phone is working normally, called out and received call. Will just wait and see what the engineer says in a week's time.
0 Ratings
Druid111
Message 5 of 6

Oh and many thanks for both of your replies.
Much appreciated.

Kind regards
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Have you tried connecting your hub to test socket with a filter and see if that makes a broadband connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings