cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Hub purple lights and reduced speed

Hello,

My BT Hub began restarting several times since the beginning of the month, getting more frequent as time went on. It's settled back down now and stopped resetting, as far as I'm aware, but the speed has never been the same. I could reach speeds of 73 Mbps, but now it struggles to get above 35.

I don't know much about the stats on the router, which I used to check out of curiosity, and I don't know if mentioning these changes helps, but the maximum data rate always used to be around 80 Mbps, the downstream sync speed used to be around 74 Mbps and the system uptime and network uptime used to run into several days, now they only seem to be up for a few hours. I looked at technical logs when the reset happen, and it would state something like 'DSL down' and 'error no carrier', and seems to say the same when I go back to when the network uptime started.

Since then, the downstream is now 49, the maximum data rate is now just above 50 and downloads are taking me twice as long for in the last few weeks, which prompted me to check out the speed. It seems to have skyrocketed down, for some reason.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

GUI version:1.74 12_11_2020

DSL uptime:0 days,00 Hours30 Mins52 Secs

Data rate:20 Mbps / 49.953 Mbps

Maximum data rate:25.217 Mbps / 51.020 Mbps

Full Fibre (FTTP) Mode:Off

Noise margin:8.7 / 6.3

Line attenuation:18.5 / 13.1

Signal attenuation:17.6 / 13.1

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Hub purple lights and reduced speed

unless you have digital voice you can check your landline for noise which may be the cause of dropped connection   dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I tried, but there is no dial tone. The phone works on my mother's socket, in her house, though

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

if you have digital voice then the normal phone socket will no longer work for phone calls and you would need to connect to socket on back of SH2.  however if you are not on DV then no dial tone is a problem and needs reporting to CS 150 or 0800800150 from mobile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings