Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coolerking
Beginner
Message 1 of 38

BT INFINITY - Unacceptable Cabinet Enabling Delays - 2 years+

Hi,

My local exchange (Prescot) was enabled over 2 years ago in March 2012, and I was initlally assured that BT Infinity would be installed in my home within 3 months, as I only live approx 1.5 miles from the Prescot exchange.

However, the 3 month deadline came and went. And, in fact, this 3 month window has been now been rolled forward 12 times to the end June, 2014.

Initially, I was able to contact the BT Openreach website for updates, but this servive has now been withdrawn, and there is no "contact us" for individual customers now. The same is also true for BT Openreach - again no individual enquires can be made to them.

The main problem is that my local cabinet (CAB 1) has not yet been enabled for some reason - and I have had a devil of a time trying to find out why. Iwas initially advised that the was a planning issue with Knowsley Council. However, I was lucky that I know the planning director personally assured me that no planning applications had been received. And, in fact, they have been trying to promote the rollout throughout the borough in order to promote communication in order to assist in providing jobs

I have lodged 2 complaints via the BT Infinity website the lastest being yesterday.

I received a phone call today from a BT Retail call-centre located in India to advise me that I need to lodge a complaint with Sky - my current provider!!!????

I explained that BT owned my local exchange, and BT owned my local cabinet, and BT were laying the fibre-optic cable, so why ring Sky????????? Also, I want to move from Sky to BT Infinity as my landline is with BT.

But they said they couldn't help - I would need to contact BT Openworld or BT Openreach. And then I asked a simple question "Could they not forward my complaint to BT Openreach or BT Openreach as I cannot contact them direct - and the answer was NO!!!!

UNBELIEVABLE!! Call me old-fashioned , but it just seems amazing that a global communications company cannot communicate with itself!!!!!!! I asked them several time!s...could they not sent BT Openreach an email ie copy/paste my complaint into an email and forward it on. Answer = no! Can they, or a colleague, give them a call to find out what is causing the delay. Answer = no! Can they not just forward my complaint onwards? Answer = no!

Like I say, it's just unbelievable that a global comminications giant cannot communicate with it's own sister companies!!!

So my next step is to contact my local MP: Shawn Woodward in an effort to find out exaxtly what the problem is, and the reasons for the 2 years plus delay to lay a fibre optical cable one mile down a main road. I also live on a housing estate adjoining a large newly built general hospital, so there shouldn't be a problem with cabling ducts etc.

So there we are...rant over!

But BT is NOT very good on communication. Completely appalling, in fact! On a score of 1 to 10....a resounding zero!!!

Customer service...an absolute joke.

0 Ratings
37 REPLIES 37
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 38

Re: BT INFINITY - Unacceptable Cabinet Enabling Delays - 2 years+

You don't need to submit a planning application to find out if there are any planning issues - Openreach may have had an informal discussion with the planning dept who would have told them that planning would not be granted eg physical location or land adoption issues.

There are many commercial reasons as well as legal ones that prevent information being sent to/from Openreach by any ISP.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 38

Is there anything shown here http://fttc-check.alc.im/

When you say your current cabinet has not been enabled have you actually had a new cabinet installed next to existing street cabinet?  If not then fibre is still months away at best

What do you get using the wholesale checker https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html.  

You post does not go to BTas this is a customer help customer forum for bt residential customers. Although wholesale, openreach and Bt retail are all part of the BT group they are treated as totally independent companies as per OFCOM. They cannot be seen to give any preferential treatment to bt retail otherwise all the other ISPs would be first to complain to OFCOM

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
coolerking
Beginner
Message 4 of 38

BT has not started installing a new cabinet yet, so I cannot see the current dealine for the end of June being realised...yet again. And no specific reasons for the delay, just a generic dscription of possible reasons

But your post was verp helpful....thanks. (I have received more help/advice offf you than BT!)

The results are as follows:-

Results

Information on your search is displayed below. Note: You may have more than 1 cabinet serving your postcode. You can usually find out your cabinet number by using BT's Wholesale Checker.

Cabinet (PCP) No.

Cabinet Vendor

Probability

Uplift

Phase

Deployment Date

Status

ECI

99%

Phase 06b

30/06/2014

Part of the 66% Commercial Plan

Exchange Information

The information for your exchange below comes direct from BT Openreach.

Exchange

Name

Status

Availability

LVPRE

PRESCOT

Accepting Orders

Now

<script type="text/javascript">// var isNS = (navigator.appName == "Netscape") ? 1 : 0;var EnableRightClick = 0;if(isNS) document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN||Event.MOUSEUP);function mischandler(){if(EnableRightClick==1){ return true;}else {return false; }}function mousehandler(e){ if(EnableRightClick==1){ return true; } var myevent = (isNS) ? e : event; var eventbutton = (isNS) ? myevent.which : myevent.button; if((eventbutton==2)||(eventbutton==3)) return false;}function keyhandler(e) {var myevent = (isNS) ? e : window.event;if (myevent.keyCode==96)EnableRightClick = 1;return;}document.oncontextmenu = mischandler;document.onkeypress = keyhandler;document.onmousedown = mousehandlerdocument.onmouseup = mousehandler; // </script>  

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER

Telephone Number *********** on Exchange PRESCOT is served by Cabinet 1

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

High

Low

High

Low

FTTC Range A (Clean)

--

30-Jun-14

FTTC Range B (Impacted)

--

30-Jun-14

WBC ADSL 2+

Up to 8

--

5.5 to 12.5

Available

WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M

Up to 8

Up to 1

5.5 to 12.5

Available

ADSL Max

Up to 5.5

--

4.5 to 8

Available

WBC Fixed Rate

--

--

Available

Fixed Rate

--

--

Available

Other Offerings

Fibre Multicast

--

--

--

30-Jun-14

Copper Multicast

--

--

--

Available

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 38

Looks like the typical quarter holding date and as end june approaches the date will move to september or even december. If no new cabinet in place then you are months away from fibre. Sorry I know the feeling.  My cabinet was in place for over a year before activation

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Barto
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 38

Guess what - It was due tomorrow, So i just checked again today and its been put back another year till end September 2015 !!

This is ridiculous!

https://www.btwholesale.com/pages/static/Community/Broadband_Community/Coverage/ADSL_Availibility_Ch...

Has anyone had any lock with chasing this?

0 Ratings
Barto
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 38

Exchange PRESCOT is served by Cabinet 1

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date  High Low High Low    

FTTC Range A (Clean)27.319.15.83.9--30-Sep-15
FTTC Range B (Impacted)21.610.74.92--30-Sep-15

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 5.5--3 to 8Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 5.5Up to 13 to 8Available
ADSL MaxUp to 4--3 to 7Available
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available
Fixed Rate2----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------30-Sep-15
Copper Multicast------Available
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 38

Is that it on Cook st?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Barto
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 38

Well we are nearly in September 2015. The site still reads available end of September 2015.

Whats the odds?

My prediction is the date will change to 2016 at the last minute (again)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 38

looks like quarter end date just like before so probably update to 31/12/15

0 Ratings